Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermell Charlo Beats Hurd, Enters Pound-For-Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what boxing is becoming. dreaming about fights that will never happen. maybe they will make virtual reality helmet so you can watch spence and Crawford fight a fake fight and they make 10 million each

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
      I want jermell to win but hurd has faced tougher competition recently which could sway the bout in his favour, momentum is a powerful thing even with the shoulder injury,the Lara fight happened this year and he's also returning this year so he's active PS:hurd saying he wants another fight in his hometown is bs to me..you can do that if you're confident enough after you face charlo,boxing 'hardcore' clowns still accuse charlo of ducking no matter what though,this fight has to happen in the first quarter of 2019 asap!
      I think you are arguing against yourself here. Hurd wanting a fight after this next one in his home town is bs. But you also say he's active. That's it. When he fights 2-3 times a year compared to Charlo's 1-2 times a year I don't mind if fight no. 3 is a gimme. It was same deal with Golovkin, got criticised for taking weak competition when he was fighting 3-4 times a year - but show me the fighter who takes 4 tough fights in a year in this day and age.
      If you want to jump on someone's case about inactivity look for the boxer who fits the description - it's not Hurd. Look at Danny Garcia - they just announced his next fight is in April. WTF! Thats like five months from now and he has already been off how many months since the Porter fight? Don't even mention Thurman. I highly doubt his 2 injuries really necesitate a 30+ month absence. Charlos fight a max of twice a year and often that is down to twice in 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        You said it... IF he beats Hurd.
        I don't see him beating Hurd though...
        But if he does then I'll definitely give him props.
        I don't see him beating Hurd either. Hurd seems to get stronger and stronger the longer the fight goes. My $$$ will be on Hurd unless that shoulder is still messed up. But those are a bi@tch to come back from.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Why move up to 154 when you can "Dare to be great" and move down to 140?
          If Spence tries to even entertain making 140 he better go talk to Diego De La Hoya first.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Spence saying that Charlo is building a resume and that his resume will be capped off nicely when, not if, he beats Hurd - he'll have a resume that lifts him into P4P top 10.

So I guess he thinks his resume is enough to have him in the top 10? It's not. He's in the top 10 based on th eeyeball factor and a win over Kell Brook. That's it. Nothing else.

People criticised Golovkin because his resume wasn't that strong until he fought Jacobs, but as his resume stood then it was as strong if not stronger than Spence's resume is now.

Spence should be screaming out every day for Porter, Garcia and Thurman. And every other day for Crawford.
            ???? Take away Jacobs and both GGG and Spence have the same best win.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              If Spence tries to even entertain making 140 he better go talk to Diego De La Hoya first.
              I meant how he's fighting a 140 pounder while everyone at 147 calls him out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                I meant how he's fighting a 140 pounder while everyone at 147 calls him out.
                ohh my bad! I still would LOVE to seem him try and make 140. I bet he would pass out at around 142-143 mark lol... You think he could make 140 before passing out???

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  I think you are arguing against yourself here. Hurd wanting a fight after this next one in his home town is bs. But you also say he's active. That's it. When he fights 2-3 times a year compared to Charlo's 1-2 times a year I don't mind if fight no. 3 is a gimme. It was same deal with Golovkin, got criticised for taking weak competition when he was fighting 3-4 times a year - but show me the fighter who takes 4 tough fights in a year in this day and age.
                  If you want to jump on someone's case about inactivity look for the boxer who fits the description - it's not Hurd. Look at Danny Garcia - they just announced his next fight is in April. WTF! Thats like five months from now and he has already been off how many months since the Porter fight? Don't even mention Thurman. I highly doubt his 2 injuries really necesitate a 30+ month absence. Charlos fight a max of twice a year and often that is down to twice in 18 months.
                  I'm saying the fight should get made right after their respective december fights but hurd is insisting on taking another fight in between before they clash which will only cause further delay when it can potentially be made march 16 on the Spence vs Garcia card

Comment

I don't see him beating Hurd either. Hurd seems to get stronger and stronger the longer the fight goes. My $$$ will be on Hurd unless that shoulder is still messed up. But those are a bi@tch to come back from.
                    Yeah that's how I see it. Hurd has fuccing stamina and an unbelievable chin so I see him pressuring Charlo all night. We've never seen Charlo in with a strong, pressure fighter like Hurd so it be interesting to see how he reacts to that..
                    Would love to see this fight next year. Hopefully Al Haymon doesn't let it marinate too long...
                    Fucc it I'll even pay a ppv fee for this fight. Rather pay for this fight than that piece of shet Pacquiao-Broner fight....

Comment

ohh my bad! I still would LOVE to seem him try and make 140. I bet he would pass out at around 142-143 mark lol... You think he could make 140 before passing out???
                      Not a chance. I'm surprised he can make 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X