No announcement yet.

Why is Dana White Hated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
    LMFAO bro just go on Twitter and see how he talks to fans calling them idiots and morons telling them if they don’t like something don’t watch when fans are his bottom line.

Then you add what else has been said here with mistreating fighters etc, pretty hilarious in the post fight he was like “it’s the fight game fighters gonna talk trash, but fans you can’t just say certain things to fans” when he’s calling them names all the time. And he defended Connor saying **** about khabibs family and religion like it was just trash talk, and has fined, fired or suspended fighters for less.

He’s just a hypocrite honestly. But I do respect what he’s done for the sport, but don’t mean he’s not a diiickhead
    Yeah basically it's okay if his cash cow does it, but not if anyone else does the same thing. He's a typical corporate suit and a phony. He pretends to be for the fans, but he's about business. He was talking all nice about Fedor when he wanted to sign him and then when he couldn't, was happy when he lost in Strikeforce and said he was never that good. Fans are tired of his crap and if Khabib gets punished at all, they'll be really pissed since nothing happened to Conor.

In Khabib's eyes, he probably now thinks this will teach Conor to shut the hell up about his family.

Comment

Claims the UFC is premier standard of MMA, let's CM Punk fight twice with NO MMA experience?
      Pays bums like Sage Northcutt out of the ass but Sage does not draw, can't really compete at a high level and nickels and dimes real fighters who are actually better?
      Is highly negligent when dealing with the likes of Brock Lesnar who was blatantly roided out of his mind vs Mark Hunt?
      Lets Conor McGregor run the show and throws what he did under the table?
      Tries to ruin MMA reporters careers when they try and cover other promotions i.e. Ariel Helwani covering Bellator.

Spoke nonsense about Reebok money going to the fighters but yet hardly any of it does. They just did it to package the UFC up nicely for buyers.

Comment

Comment

This information has been most enlightening

Thanks. I always felt like I never knew much about him. I hear all these guys talk.

Promoters do tend to stand out. Their interests are not aligned with the fans, or the fighters. I always wondered why fighters do not make more for the fights.

I stay away from social media, think it is poison really. Sounds like when Dana White is talking to the fans he is thinking of the guys who are pregnant, have tap out shirts on that squeeze over half the gut!

Sounds like a real peach actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            He sh^t talks his fighters.

He makes fights & then switches them up without telling all parties so people learn on twitter they just lost a $100k payday or w/e.

Simply being the promoter of the UFC gets him a lot of bad feelings cuz there isn't really a good guy promoter people love or respect all THAT much I don't think. I kinda think the job of lining up other mfers to fight is some sh^t no one likes despite everyone liking to see the people fight.

People see the UFC, & Dana is the face of the UFC on the business side, as ripping off fighters &/or not giving them their true value.

Sure there are better reasons & definitely more reasons, but these are the first ones to pop into my head.
            He has ownership interests as well? They are privately owned in some capacity, unless one can buy stock in them, or they are waiting for an IPO. At any rate he is more than just the promoter yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              He's been known to bury fighters that dare stand up for themselves. This includes firing them if they don't take fights while injured, or on late notice.
              Called a respected female journalist a "cun+" because she questioned his actions.
              Would not let Randy Couture corner his own son because of personal beef.
              Fired John Fitch when he refused to sign away the rights to his likeness in perpetuity (they would own his face forever). Then refused to take any new fighters from his gym.
              Everything revolving around the firing of Stitch Duran.
              Screwing over mma clothing companies (the ones who helped make the sport "cool") by demanding cuts and thereby screwing over fighters because the sponsors had to bow out.
              Lying nearly every time he opened his mouth.

I could go on and on but if you don't believe me, ask his mother, who thinks he's a POS.
              His own mudda!? Is nothing sacred? Only Mrs White(s) I ever knew were substitute teachers, and they were all older black women, usually hard of hearing, but very nice to us.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_23fmfdQs
              Last edited by billeau2; 10-14-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                He has ownership interests as well? They are privately owned in some capacity, unless one can buy stock in them, or they are waiting for an IPO. At any rate he is more than just the promoter yes?
                He sold all his shares (9% of the company). So he's is just the President of the UFC/Promoter these days.

He's openly talked about saying he needed to go to a hotel in the middle of nowhere for a couple days when he woke up one morning & was worth half a billion or w/e he's worth now post-WME-IMG sale it was so surreal to him.

White, the UFC’s president who will remain with the company in that role even though his friends Lorenzo Fertitta and Frank Fertitta III are leaving their gigs post-sale, on Tuesday told “The Jim Rome Show” he went into a bit of a depression thinking about moving out without the Fertittas by his side.

“I’m not kidding: I was in a hotel room for two days – didn’t sleep, didn’t eat,” White told Rome. “Lorenzo actually got me out of the hotel room. I had to come down and address our employees. I was in a weird place. One-hundred percent, (it doesn’t sound like me). If you had told me that would happen to me, I’d have said you’re crazy. That would never happen to me. But it did. But I’m back. I’m over it now. It was a weird time, it was a weird thing, but I’m back.”
                And yea I'd bet there is an IPO somewhere along the line. Everything with the UFC uniform, the UFC training center, UFC gyms popping up all over the globe & them just taking a more mainstream approach as much as possible in recent years suggest this wouldn't be surprising if it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He sold all his shares (9% of the company). So he's is just the President of the UFC/Promoter these days.

He's openly talked about saying he needed to go to a hotel in the middle of nowhere for a couple days when he woke up one morning & was worth half a billion or w/e he's worth now post-WME-IMG sale it was so surreal to him.

And yea I'd bet there is an IPO somewhere along the line. Everything with the UFC uniform, the UFC training center, UFC gyms popping up all over the globe & them just taking a more mainstream approach as much as possible in recent years suggest this wouldn't be surprising if it happened.
                  Thanks Bro! Now im getting a picture...

When a company goes public its gonna be different. That right there is where Dana made his deal on route 66. People have no idea... Lets say you Eff panda have a company like Lego. why Lego? because they have the distinction of maintaining their private interest and never having gone public...can't buy stock in Lego. But just like in the wild, you have these syndicites that are financed by the banks, but do not appear on any bank related matters (mostly in Real Estate) and these syndicites are made of of the Hell's Angels of venture capitalists...guys who try to take over companies, rob and pillage them, and leave them around as zombie operations, doing the bare minimum to continue to be raped by the now installed share holders.

All it takes is secretly buying more than half the company and then out voting the rest of the board. And then people start to notice that little Johnny got lead poison from the legos now manufactured in a turd factory in some place where people make a dollar a day, eventually people just stop buying all together and then the assets are sold. Nice people!

Well White probably saw the writing on the wall, probably has little stake in the group at this point. Makes a lot of sense actually. Hes basically an employee it sounds like. At any rate if the UFC was bought by a majority interest the bean counters are in charge. they will drive out and destroy the comp. Then try to market the products, and screw the fighters... eventually selling the name, etc.

Comment

Dana white was one of the Richest UFC fighter and is now the president of UFC.

Comment

He's like the rude daddy

Comment

Working...
                      X