No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs Yarde on June 29, in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    I think with Yarde its a question of chin and will.

He hasn't been hit with elite power yet therefore we don't know how well his chin will hold up.

He hasn't been hurt, dropped, or had a long spell where he was being attacked viciously and had to figh his way out of it, so we don't know about his will.

This fight will tell us more about him and it will also tell him about himself too.

I remember people had the same questions about Spence going into the Brook fight, but he answered all of those questions. He proved he had an iron chin and the heart of a lion.

If Yarde has those two ingedients, then he will knock out Kovalev.

But if one of them is missing, it's bye bye for him.

Either way, I don't see this going twelve rounds.
    The only sliver of light for Yarde is that we know Kovalev can be broken down, and even made to quit, but that was Ward's doing, and there is absolutely no basis for saying that Yarde is on that sort of level.

Has Yarde been tested in his career? No. His resume is trash.
    Has Yarde been tested in the gym? Going off what Tunde says ("I don't believe in hard sparring"), no.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
      The only sliver of light for Yarde is that we know Kovalev can be broken down, and even made to quit, but that was Ward's doing, and there is absolutely no basis for saying that Yarde is on that sort of level.

Has Yarde been tested in his career? No. His resume is trash.
      Has Yarde been tested in the gym? Going off what Tunde says ("I don't believe in hard sparring"), no.
      ... and we also know that Kovalev said he was drinking while he was in Russia to fight Chilemba...

Comment

Great.. I think yarde will get stomped inside three rounds. Get the mandatory outta the way

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          .................. This:

If Yarde doesn't get knocked out I will be shocked. More props do him but I give him zero chance. I give him credit for showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
            Great.. I think yarde will get stomped inside three rounds. Get the mandatory outta the way
            ... Kovalev could have taken Beterbiev instead -- which is an unification fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
              If Yarde doesn't get knocked out I will be shocked. More props do him but I give him zero chance. I give him credit for showing up.
              ... the fight isn't signed yet...

Comment

I usually don't like to say "He has no chance" especially in boxing, but in this instance am going to say Yarde has NO chance. He is going to get destroyed, the good thing is, he would get to see a different country in Russia, and he would be getting well paid for it. I think this sort of thing is wrong doe, fighting dishwashers for 25 odd fights, getting ranked high for doing so and getting a massive payday with that route, everyone is going to be doing that very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I usually don't like to say "He has no chance" especially in boxing, but in this instance am going to say Yarde has NO chance. He is going to get destroyed, the good thing is, he would get to see a different country in Russia, and he would be getting well paid for it. I think this sort of thing is wrong doe, fighting dishwashers for 25 odd fights, getting ranked high for doing so and getting a massive payday with that route, everyone is going to be doing that very soon.
                  He should have been phased in gradually, this is too steep a jump. I think he trusts his power too much. What he doesn't know is he might not get the chance. This is a different level.

Comment

He should have been phased in gradually, this is too steep a jump. I think he trusts his power too much. What he doesn't know is he might not get the chance. This is a different level.
                    That's the thing with Yarde. I don't know what level he's at, i can't gauge him because he refuse to fight domestic, commonwealth or european level opponents. Like you pointed out, he should have done the gradual level phase but he didn't want to. Looked to have paid off for him with him getting paid 4.2m dollars for this Kovalev fight.

Comment

This is a giant leap in opposition for yarde. Kov KO mid rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X