No announcement yet.

Scammer alert!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
    i guess you've never sold stuff online before? the old "mover" trick. So he's going to send me a check and once the check is cleared, he'll have his "mover" come and pick up the puppy. why not just give the check (cash would be better) to his "mover" so that the transaction can be done in person.
    Yea, I don't usually make these kinda purchases.

I thought he said you should wait for the check to clear, that's why I didn't see the big deal. If he sends you a check, you cash it, and the money is all there and then the transaction is completed afterward, I didn't think there should be any issue. Obviously you wouldn't let the puppy go until you have all the money in your account.

Comment

update: the check is on its way here.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Yea, I don't usually make these kinda purchases.

I thought he said you should wait for the check to clear, that's why I didn't see the big deal. If he sends you a check, you cash it, and the money is all there and then the transaction is completed afterward, I didn't think there should be any issue. Obviously you wouldn't let the puppy go until you have all the money in your account.
        it's a scam. you cash the check, but then 1-2 weeks later, you get a call from your bank telling you that the check is not good. and by now, the guy will be gone and you're left with nothing. im sure he's using a fake number just like i am. im texting him thru a text app.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
          it's a scam. you cash the check, but then 1-2 weeks later, you get a call from your bank telling you that the check is not good. and by now, the guy will be gone and you're left with nothing. im sure he's using a fake number just like i am. im texting him thru a text app.
          ah, really? I haven't dealt with checks in ages, but whenever I have, I've just waited until I see the money in my account.

Good luck, bruh. Seems like you know what you're doing.

Comment

what should i do to the scammer?

1. should i tell him i cashed the check and its not good and now i am being investigated by the FBI and now they want to know where/who i got the check from? (a way to scare the scammer)

2. should i go along with it and tell him everything is good and ready for his mover to come pick up the puppy but then gives him a new address (far out in the boonies)

Comment

Working...
            X