Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone seen a guy "clearly beaten" and then have value increase 3x?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akan View Post
    There's a difference between intrinsic worth and that person holding something for ransom. If Wilder wasn't the champ with the WBC AJ wouldn't be offering 40m to fight him. Wilder made it clear he'll only accept the fight at the highest price he could possibly leverage which was 50/50 knowing Hearn and AJ wer desperate to unify. Wilder's worth will never approach AJs unless he beats AJ soundly and is able to sell out stadiums fighting mandatories.
    wilders wbc belt was only worth 12-15 million to hearn mere months earlier to eddie hearn

and wilder wasn't holding it ransom...he was willing to give AJ a shot at it..in America or UK...but hearn wouldn't pull the trigger

how did the value of that belt jump 3x when somehow wilder was clearly "beaten" by fury in a fight that did 300k ppvs

that belt was never held ransom or hostage...hearn was on the hook for peanuts in 2018 compared to what wilder will earn when it goes down

Comment

GGG comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        But your basing this on what? Are you suggesting that wilder won therefore he became worth more? Or the politics of the sport and the opportunity and requirement to make that fight upped his value?

Even if the 300k ppv buys "upped his value" , did he beat fury??

I genuinely just want to know your scorecard for that fight, I'm not interested in debating you Bout Wilders worth.

You're worth what someone's willing to pay... Therefore Wilders worth is whatever someone pays him or offers. That doesn't stop him from arguably losing his last fight.

So I'll ask again, can you let everyone know your scorecard for wilder fury?
        If you truly believe he won, you'll have no issue posting your card and explaining your reasoning, instead of arguing semantics about network or industry worth.
        your card...my card=don't matter...they don't mean nothing

what if I said I scored it for fury by a point? does that matter or change anything? does it make anything "clear"? NOPE

I never said 300k ppvs upped his value..if anything that number says it barely moved the needle

but somehow after this "clear loss" wilder and his wbc belt became worth 3x what he was worth to hearn mere months earlier

that doesn't jive or add up

show me an instance where a guy "clearly lost" but got a draw and saw his value increase 3x for his next fight?

you guys swore that wilder ducked AJ and the DAZN offer...which was 3x what hearn offered mere months earlier

clearly some part of your narrative doesn't add up or make sense somewhere along the line

you guys swore wilder ducked the 12-15 million dollar deals...then tell us he clearly lost yet he again ducked a much fatter deal that shouldn't even be there to a guy that was "embarrassed by fury"....

Comment

Luis Ortiz was clearly beaten by Deontay Wilder. His value has risen by 14x.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
            GGG comes to mind
            ggg comes to mind?

so youre saying he was clearly beaten in the 2nd fight? I would agree he was clearly beaten

and he did get a nice deal with DAZN...but its contingent on a 3rd fight with canelo...that will be a big chunk of deal.....if ggg gets knocked by rolls and retires the next day how much money you think hes getting?

ggg/canelo will be the 3rd installment of a pretty successful set of fights.....its different than AJ/wilder...they have not fought yet

in order to make this apply youd have to go back to gggs fight right before first canelo and tell me he "clearly lost"

Comment

Originally posted by lolasif View Post
              Lol true that and even that was a low ball according to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by lolasif View Post
                what was hearns previous offer to Ortiz? oh that's right they've never made one!

and Ortiz has had a few fights since then

your example in not applicable....good day

Comment

Amir Khan after getting KTFO by everyone.

Comment

hearn had never previously made an offer to Ortiz

hearn made offers prior to DAZN making the big one....just months earlier

hearn has never made a formal offer to Ortiz previous to the miller situation

so for all you hearniacs/gayjay superfans=not applicable

goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      what was hearns previous offer to Ortiz? oh that's right they've never made one!

and Ortiz has had a few fights since then

your example in not applicable....good day
                      Didn't you say he'd probably get that or similar money in the rematch with Wilder to justify you sayin Hearns offer was a low ball? (I might be confusing you)

Comment

Working...
                      X