Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Brandon Rios vs. Prime Ruslan Provodnikov.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Provodnikov would be too much for Rios

Comment

everything about ruslan is bad news for bumbum

Comment

Provodnikov would win, better chin and more power

Comment

Love both fighters!

I always envisioned Corrales vs. Castillo I as a blueprint to Brandon Rios vs Prime Ruslan Provodnikov. Just the style of fighters who come to fight!

On May 7, 2005, Corrales defeated WBC and Lightweight champion José Luis Castillo via TKO in the tenth round, giving Corrales his fourth title in 2 weight classes. The fight is almost universally regarded as the fight of the year (2005).

Both men stood in front of each other, battering each other with hard combinations and power punches throughout the entire fight.

Finally, in the tenth round, Castillo knocked Corrales down. Seconds later, Castillo knocked Corrales down again.

Corrales somehow managed to beat the count! A point was taken away for excessive spitting out of the mouthpiece, Corrales connected with a punch that Castillo later called "a perfect right hand."

Corrales then trapped Castillo against the ropes and landed numerous punches, causing the referee, Tony Weeks, to stop the fight.

Comment

Provodnikov was inhumanly durable, I've never seen anything like it when he took all of Matthysse's artillery square in the face and finished on his feet looking like Mr. Potato Head. Rios was tough but not that tough. Ruslan also hit a lot harder. That just leaves the question of who the better boxer is, but both were so crude that it's a consideration hardly worth making - Rios looked like the lesser-skilled fighter in the first two Alvarado fights and Ruslan managed to make John Molina look like Sugar Ray Leonard.

Would have been a good fight but I don't think even Rios would be able to hang toe-to-toe with Provodnikov for 12 rounds. That said, if Rios was capable of even some basic back-foot fighting and trained to throw a decent jab he'd probably have all the tools he'd need to win a decision.

Comment

Working...
            X