• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's Retirement fight

Who is out there for him to fight?

Brook at 154?

I wouldn't mind Margarito 3.

Rios would be fun, Cotto can put a beat down on him.

Of course Khan at 154 would be nice to see a knock out with Cotto's left hook with Khan trying to jump in lol

Hearn supposed to be making a big announcement today, hoping Cotto/Brook is part of it

Comment

Mikey or Margarito III are probably the only things likely if he's sticking with his deadline. Hadn't heard of Brook, but yea I suppose I could see that happen too.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Hearn supposed to be making a big announcement today, hoping Cotto/Brook is part of it
        I've had his twitter open for a couple hours. Don't they usually announce stuff earlier?

Comment

Cotto gets in his feelings about Margarito. He wouldn't give him the payday.

Brook ain't happening. Cotto doesn't want to retire on a loss and Brook is a pretty risky fight.

Khan is a really good fight.... but Amir is only interested in fights that are not possible to be made. Khan would probably get more money to fight Saunders and would have a better chance of winning, so I'd expect him to go that route if he does get up off his ass and come back.

I personally would LOVE to see Cotto fight David Lemieux. That would be a hell of a fight. I think Rios is a serious possibility.... God knows Cotto would love to retire off beating a Mexican at the Garden, but Rios is so far gone that I don't know if he or his fans would be satisfied. Lemieux is a much more credible and fun fight.

Comment

This Cotto seems to want to end his career like that other dude who didn't know when to call it quits did-by flying through the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I've had his twitter open for a couple hours. Don't they usually announce stuff earlier?
              Hes in the US for Linares/Campbell, announcement could come sometime during the show

Comment

The only way Khan will stop getting himself knocked out is when he gets permanently knocked out.The more he gets knocked out the more likely his getting killed or placed in a permanent coma by a punch becomes.

Comment

Cotto would demolish Margarito this time around if they fought. Margs is not the same, he's handicapped which Cotto likes to feast on so it may happen.

He could go back up to MW and fight Saunders for his WBO belt. It's the WBO belt, the organization caters to PR boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                    Who is out there for him to fight?

Brook at 154?

I wouldn't mind Margarito 3.

Rios would be fun, Cotto can put a beat down on him.

Of course Khan at 154 would be nice to see a knock out with Cotto's left hook with Khan trying to jump in lol
                    While his opponent isn't guaranteed I think we can count on whomever it is being very underwhelming.

Comment

Working...
                    X