No announcement yet.

so benavidez is underrated now then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so benavidez is underrated now then?

By what measure has benavidez ever been an underrated fighter? cause he sparred pacquiao when he was a teenager? or is it cause his brother is a good fighter?

hes fought noone since he got shot in the leg, he went 8 rounds with someone ranked outside the top 400, the one step up opponent he fought 4 YEARS AGO, most thought he lost. But now hes some sort of dangerous opponent who crawford did well to neutralise. He rehydrated doe....

you guys would hype up a blind man if crawford beat him.

Let me guess, benavidez never beats anyone of note in the future but thats down to 'that work he got from crawford, he was never the same' just like every other fighter crawford fights who gets beat soon after- gamboa, postol, diaz, indongo, burns the list goes on im sure

But no surely, it cant just be cause they arent a good list of fighters who didnt exactly set the world on fire before they fought him, its all cause of 'that work' they got from bud...

anyway its time to get hyping mean machine there must be something to cling onto, if you search the archives he must have done well in sparring against someone or won a notable amatuer fight

If he was overrated, Crawford stopped him. If he was underrated, Crawford stopped him. A win is a win. On to bigger and better things now...

Comment

Yeah almost everyone here was expecting crawford to blast the dude early. But since it was a tougher fight Benavidez was then the goods.

That’s the bad thing about making ridiculous predictions to your favorite fighter, you end up defending them with even more ridiculous statements.
      I was even brainwashed and expected it to happen as well, hence the disappointment.

Benavidez is an unknown name for a reason. At 31, at the prime of your life, it’s not a good fight at all if you’re planning to be great.

Comment

I knew about him for years. Predicted he would give Crawford a tough fight and that people would act like it wasn't supposed to happen. It's just their ignorance of Benavidez.

Comment

Benavidez was seen as the #1 prospect in the United States for a good while. Even Freddie Roach raved about him when he was training at Wild Card.

It's just that his development and career got sidetracked when he got shot in the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Benavidez was seen as the #1 prospect in the United States for a good while. Even Freddie Roach raved about him when he was training at Wild Card.

It's just that his development and career got sidetracked when he got shot in the leg.
            sometimes being a good prospect doesnt translate to much. david price was espn prospect of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              sometimes being a good prospect doesnt translate to much. david price was espn prospect of the year.
              In the case of Benavidez you can see why he was once regarded so highly. Last night proved it.

I don't know what anyone ever saw in David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                By what measure has benavidez ever been an underrated fighter? cause he sparred pacquiao when he was a teenager? or is it cause his brother is a good fighter?

hes fought noone since he got shot in the leg, he went 8 rounds with someone ranked outside the top 400, the one step up opponent he fought 4 YEARS AGO, most thought he lost. But now hes some sort of dangerous opponent who crawford did well to neutralise. He rehydrated doe....

you guys would hype up a blind man if crawford beat him.

Let me guess, benavidez never beats anyone of note in the future but thats down to 'that work he got from crawford, he was never the same' just like every other fighter crawford fights who gets beat soon after- gamboa, postol, diaz, indongo, burns the list goes on im sure

But no surely, it cant just be cause they arent a good list of fighters who didnt exactly set the world on fire before they fought him, its all cause of 'that work' they got from bud...

anyway its time to get hyping mean machine there must be something to cling onto, if you search the archives he must have done well in sparring against someone or won a notable amatuer fight
                But when Callum Johnson beats Frank Buglioni, you get hype and bust all kinds of nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I knew about him for years. Predicted he would give Crawford a tough fight and that people would act like it wasn't supposed to happen. It's just their ignorance of Benavidez.
                  That’s the thing, I think it’s the crawford fans themselves who predicted an easy KO. And now they’re defending Benavidez because it didn’t go quicker than they thought it would.
                  Last edited by dibzvincent143; 10-14-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    In the case of Benavidez you can see why he was once regarded so highly. Last night proved it.

I don't know what anyone ever saw in David Price.
                    Price was considered to be an A+ prospect because he had a great amateur career where he peaked young and headgear + bigger gloves concealed the fact that he can't take a punch. As an amateur he could just jab with that insane reach he has (remember, he's taller than Fury is) Pro game is an entirely different beast though.

He was stopped in the Ams by Bermaine Stiverine though...

Comment

Working...
                    X