Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take for me to lose 35kg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDonMaster View Post
    Cutting out junk food is the big one. Get my fitness pal to help track your calories.
    ^^^^ 100%, although I cheat here and there.

Comment

I would say if you lose 1kg a week it should take 35 weeks to lose 35kgs. But I'm no mathematician so don't quote me.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        ^^^^ 100%, although I cheat here and there.
        You know that if you really want it than you will do what you got to do. It all comes down to how bad DO YOU WANT IT..…..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          You know that if you really want it than you will do what you got to do. It all comes down to how bad DO YOU WANT IT..…..Rockin'
          Most guys I know, even pro bodybuilders, eat fast food here and there. Like once a week at most.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Most guys I know, even pro bodybuilders, eat fast food here and there. Like once a week at most.
            Mayweather heads to McDonald’s during fight week

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              Mayweather heads to McDonald’s during fight week
              And I know a couple that enjoy themselves some nandos...

Comment

Originally posted by AchillesFury View Post
                I am 5'7 and 135kg, I know, I am clearly overweight and more like Obese. I am hoping to drop to 100kg because that is when I lose my belly and it looks flat and I feel healthy at that weight despite still being considered overweight by BMI calculators at 100kg. So yeah How long do you think it will take for me to lose this weight, and got any diet and exercise tips, thank you in advance.
                Going off what you said plus the assumption that you're 25 and that you don't exercise at all, I'm guessing your TDEE should be around 3200~ calories. Start tracking the amount of calories you put in your mouth and eat at a 500 calorie deficit. TDEE-500 is easy and maybe slow, but the last thing you want is to burn out and quit. If you want a more accurate figure of your TDEE just look up a calculator online and you can use myfitnesspal to calculate your calories.

Burning Out is the most common stoppage people experience when they do weight lose. It's not a race. People who want to lose weight fast end up cutting too hard and Burning Out and give up. Losing weight permanently should be IMO a slow and steady progress.

Don't drink your calories.

Start off slow. If you have to use the pink 1 pound female weights use them. I did elliptical and assisted pull ups for 6 months before being comfortable enough to get on the treadmill and doing pull ups unassisted. As long as you maintain a weekly schedule of exercise and lifting weights it doesn't matter where you start.

Originally posted by AchillesFury View Post
                Question for you Rockin' (thanks for the advice btw), do you like McDonald's?
                I love burgers. I could eat burgers all day long. Even just typing burgers makes me want one. And I walk past a Mcdonalds every day to and from work but I only go in once a month because losing weight and working out makes you disciplined. That's something no one really talks about; by working out and improving yourself you increase your willpower, discipline, and self control. It's a good feeling.

I've gone from 285 to 212 in 12 months. You could probably do it faster in that amount of time but like I said its not a race, we're all winners in this. The only losers are the ones who never start or quit.

Comment

35kg = 77lbs

healthy weight loss upper limit is around 1.5lbs a week, it's gonna take about a year

just take it one day at a time, and start small

there is usually a trope in time-travel movies about how small things changed in the past make a large difference to a timeline, so try and apply that logic to your behaviour now. a small daily change adds up to a big change in the longrun

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    35kg = 77lbs

healthy weight loss upper limit is around 1.5lbs a week, it's gonna take about a year

just take it one day at a time, and start small

there is usually a trope in time-travel movies about how small things changed in the past make a large difference to a timeline, so try and apply that logic to your behaviour now. a small daily change adds up to a big change in the longrun
                    Could lose more if your calorie intake is crazy. I lost 7 pounds in a week just by cutting out sweets and cutting down calories.

Comment

Working...
                    X