Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really $125m worth of fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really $125m worth of fighters?

If we assume the fighters Hearn announced for DAZN this week will be the fighers they plan on showcasing in their first year, is it really worth the annual contracted amount of $125 million (8 years by $1 billion).

So far have announced:
    -Joshua
    -Vargas
    -Andrade
    -Beterbiev
    -Hooker
    -Miller
    -Katie Taylor (lol)
    -3 rookies
    Might be missing one or two more names.

There is no chance that collection of fighters is worth half of $125 million.

Some serious questions need to be asked. Why hasn't Hearn signed more fighters with this infinite amount of money he is always raving about? How much money is he really getting, is the billion dollar amount just for publicity?

If you think all the PBC fighters are suddenly going to run to DAZN, think again. This was there chance to make an impression with massive announcement after another.
    Last edited by artfuL_; 07-19-2018, 08:17 AM.

Thats not his whole stable though. All hes announced is the people on the 1st card, and 2 for the LA card. 3 more names are coming for the LA card. With the big Vegas card following a few weeks after, sense will say none of the guys on the Chicago and LA cards will also be on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Thats not his whole stable though. All hes announced is the people on the 1st card, and 2 for the LA card. 3 more names are coming for the LA card. With the big Vegas card following a few weeks after, sense will say none of the guys on the Chicago and LA cards will also be on that.
      That is his confirmed DAZN stable.

There are no other reports thus far of additional signings. If you know of any names, provide sources.

Comment

Who cares?
        Why people here love to count others people money?
        Lets stick to boxing guys. But I will put it like this , Joshua is one of the A sides of this era, I wont be surprised when he ends up making 30M a fight.

Comment

Yes. Eddie Hearn will be spending his entire DAZN budget for the year on those fighters and the 3 cards they are on.

The other 29 shows that he is committed to show will just be reruns of the first 3.

Comment

Joshua is the biggest draw in boxing you little yanky doodle wanker

Look at the hate you cretins spew after Hearn and Joshua exposed Wilder for being a coward

Joshua alone draws in 60m sterling per fight 3-4 times a year, so suck you thumb and cry somewhere you cretin

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
              Who cares?
              Why people here love to count others people money?
              Lets stick to boxing guys. But I will put it like this , Joshua is one of the A sides of this era, I wont be surprised when he ends up making 30M a fight.
              Apparently Hearn is taking over the US and this is the best he can offer

This is a boxing forum where boxing topics are discussed, if you can't handle the discussion, log-off.

Comment

Is that stable going to have people subscribe to DAZN? No, but it is so early so lets see three or four months down the road who he is able to sign. He needed a bundle of the top PBC guys, not just one or two big names. So far he hasn't even been able to do that. But I'll give him take benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  Joshua is the biggest draw in boxing you little yanky doodle wanker

Look at the hate you cretins spew after Hearn and Joshua exposed Wilder for being a coward

Joshua alone draws in 60m sterling per fight 3-4 times a year, so suck you thumb and cry somewhere you cretin
                  That title belongs to Canelo, maybe if you could actually afford a PPV your numbers might be remotely true.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Is that stable going to have people subscribe to DAZN? No, but it is so early so lets see three or four months down the road who he is able to sign. He needed a bundle of the top PBC guys, not just one or two big names. So far he hasn't even been able to do that. But I'll give him take benefit of the doubt for now.
                    My take is if he failed to unveil them at the first announcement, chances of it happening in future are slim.

Comment

Working...
                    X