No announcement yet.

Welter Robinson vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Rhonda Rousey whips them both on the same night. Breaks both their arms.

Andy Ruiz Jr has nicer breasts than her

Comment

I don't think Floyd makes it the distance. He gets stopped eventually every time they fight. In their primes ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        See that's a clear double standard, you say Burley was a middleweight by the time it was 'reasonable' for Robinson to fight him at welterweight yet during that time period Robinson fought Lamotta who weighed as a middleweight. So if he could fight Lamotta, he could fight Burley too.

Can't have it both ways, if he never fought a middleweight in Lamotta while at welterweight then that would be a valid way to justify him not fighting Burley.
        Are you saying that a welterweight who has an over-the-weight-limit-fight is then obligated to fight any and everyone at that higher weight? This would be before he has even attained his goal of a welterweight championship.

Comment

If Jose Luis Castillo could ruffle Floyd's feathers then imagine what a larger Robinson would do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Are you saying that a welterweight who has an over-the-weight-limit-fight is then obligated to fight any and everyone at that higher weight? This would be before he has even attained his goal of a welterweight championship.
            No, i'm saying that you are trying to cleverly word it as if it wasn't a realistic prospect to justify it not happening/ Robinson avoiding the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
              If Jose Luis Castillo could ruffle Floyd's feathers then imagine what a larger Robinson would do.
              Although I would pick Robinson over Mayweather the logic above don't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                No, i'm saying that you are trying to cleverly word it as if it wasn't a realistic prospect to justify it not happening/ Robinson avoiding the fight.
                I am not cleverly wording, I am talking about real dates and real ambitions. Burley never was a very realistic prospect. There was no hue and cry for Robby to fight Burley that I know of. Average people did not like to watch Burley fight--too technical and boring for most fans, who need blood worse than ticks.

I am a bit tired of the subject because I have been through it in detail in another thread. You tell me when you think Robinson should have fought Burley, and I'll tell you what is wrong with your idea and how the timelines are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  I am not cleverly wording, I am talking about real dates and real ambitions. Burley never was a very realistic prospect. There was no hue and cry for Robby to fight Burley that I know of. Average people did not like to watch Burley fight--too technical and boring for most fans, who need blood worse than ticks.

I am a bit tired of the subject because I have been through it in detail in another thread. You tell me when you think Robinson should have fought Burley, and I'll tell you what is wrong with your idea and how the timelines are wrong.
                  I would say around 1944.

Comment

TBE, would win a UD. Too much speed, greater defense and in his prime Floyd was an offensive machine. I've seen Floyd land 7 consecutive right hands on Gatti,toy with corralles and go a whole round with mosley, w/o mosley landing a single power punch. Srr had been stopped or beating 19 times not counting the draws. tbe would find the blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
                      TBE, would win a UD. Too much speed, greater defense and in his prime Floyd was an offensive machine. I've seen Floyd land 7 consecutive right hands on Gatti,toy with corralles and go a whole round with mosley, w/o mosley landing a single power punch. Srr had been stopped or beating 19 times not counting the draws. tbe would find the blueprint.
                      Most of those losses were after retirement and this is about prime Robinson anyway so all of them losses are hardly relevant.
                      Last edited by Caught Square; 07-03-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X