Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let be honest, Wilder would never get 15 Mil without fighting AJ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    900k-1 million? No way, but it can do 400k, I do believe that. Wilder's name is growing as he just did 1.2 million vs Ortiz on SHO. Fury is going to do his clown antics and Wilder will talk a big game on the debate shows and it will attract some casuals.
    1.2 mil viewers on essentially free tv for like 1.5mil dollars against the best fighter he’s ever fought...against someone they actually wanted to see him in against.

30%+ of those people I guarantee you would not be willing to pay to watch Wilder fight Fury post retirement meltdown.

Fury-Wilder isnt drawing 400k or close to what Floyd and Canelo draw on bad nights. Think anyone would pay 60 for that? Hell no. The point here is making a lot of money. Which they wouldnt.

Fury-Wilder is a 4-5 mil dollar fight at BEST (in the states)

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      There is no way Wilder is taking a flat fee to fight Fury if he won't against Joshua. There is probably only $20m in a Wilder-Fury fight in the UK anyway $25m max.
      He accepted the flat fee against Joshua and then Hearn tried to change the date.

If Warren can get even close to AJ's offer, he can easily get Wilder to come to the UK. Fury is an easier fight with no TV complications. Wilder and Fury fighting each other makes a ton of sense as it kills two big fights for Hearn and Wilder and Fury make the same amount against each other as Hearn is likely to offer them.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        1.2 mil viewers on essentially free tv for like 1.5mil dollars against the best fighter he’s ever fought...against someone they actually wanted to see him in against.

30%+ of those people I guarantee you would not be willing to pay to watch Wilder fight Fury post retirement meltdown.

Fury-Wilder isnt drawing 400k or close to what Floyd and Canelo draw on bad nights. Think anyone would pay 60 for that? Hell no. The point here is making a lot of money. Which they wouldnt.

Fury-Wilder is a 4-5 mil dollar fight at BEST (in the states)
        Do you really believe he made 1.5 million against Ortiz? I bet it was closer to 3 million than 1.5 million.

Again, I disagree with that notion it couldn't see 400k on PPV....But okay lets say it doesn't do American PPV but just on SHO but the fight takes place in the UK on PPV. How many buys does it do there? And can they sell a stadium out?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
          Then Fury will have to fight bums the rest of his career for not much money.
          Everyone said that about GGG, yet he's getting 45%.

Everyone said that about Pacquiao, yet he got 40% against Mayweather.

Can't have a megafight without a strong B-side. We'll have to see how long AJ can a) keep winning and b) keep this level of popularity if he never delivers the fights people want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
            Let be honest guys, Wilder would never get 15 Mil without fighting AJ.

His career high per fight was about $1,5-2 Million vs Ortiz. He won't get anything close to 15 Million without Joshua at all. He needs AJ!
            That's why I've been bashing my head where the arrogance is coming from.

Comment

Do you really believe he made 1.5 million against Ortiz? I bet it was closer to 3 million than 1.5 million.

Again, I disagree with that notion it couldn't see 400k on PPV....But okay lets say it doesn't do American PPV but just on SHO but the fight takes place in the UK on PPV. How many buys does it do there? And can they sell a stadium out?
              Closer to 2mil. Not over 2mil. Ortiz made like 4-500k. It wasnt very lucrative at all.

Fury and Wilder in the uk? I dunno man. I think it depends if there was some guarantee the winner fought AJ it’d have more buzz. Fury really s hit the bed with the post Wlad antics. Stadium? I dont think so tbh but it wouldnt surprise me if they could. Build it so the winner fights AJ and its made known AJ is coming into the ring after the fight and they do a brock-cornier (from ufc) thing? Maybe. I’d be lying if I remembered what the turnout was for Fury his comeback fight but if he fought Wilder next? I dunno. A lot of AJ fans would tune in and go in addition to buying the ppv.

I’d say 400k is reasonable in the UK. Its cheaper too so it helps. Could be higher. Could be lower though. But if Fury wins like 2-3-4 fights and looks in form again? Now we’re talking about bigger numbers

Comment

But we aren't talking about it happening next. Just sometime next year. Fury isn't going straight to Wilder. This was in response to Wilder making 15 million off 5-7 more fights and him not having any option if Joshua blackballs his potential opponents.

Didn't Fury's last fight do like 14k? Or was that a BS number thrown out?

And if Broner is making over 2 million and around 2.5 million, then no way Wilder walked away with less than 2 million vs Ortiz. Especially when there was over 14k in attendance.

Comment

It works both ways. There is nobody AJ can fight who would make AJ even half the money fighting Wilder would make him. A fight with Wilder would be by far AJ's biggest career payday.

Comment

But we aren't talking about it happening next. Just sometime next year. Fury isn't going straight to Wilder. This was in response to Wilder making 15 million off 5-7 more fights and him not having any option if Joshua blackballs his potential opponents.

Didn't Fury's last fight do like 14k? Or was that a BS number thrown out?

And if Broner is making over 2 million and around 2.5 million, then no way Wilder walked away with less than 2 million vs Ortiz. Especially when there was over 14k in attendance.
                    I just googled it. Just shy of 2mil. Broner is a significanfly bjgger name than Wilder and has been in big profile fights.

Wilder is, unfortunately, largely “unknown” even in the States.

Broner is more famous despite being not being very good anymore. Broner has been getting by off name and name alone which will start changing soon as he keeps losing.

Even if Wilder did 5-6 mil in the UK VS Fury...that’s still not much in comparison.

Aj might make half or a little more PER fight if he doesnt fight Wilder...but that half is 20mil plus still. Wilder is down to the LOW low single digits with his most lucrative fight being against Fury that will still not be half if what hed make vs Aj. Thats off that 50mil offer that AJ would never accept. The A side doesnt accept money or offers from the B side. Not once has it happened. Ever

The thing is, the better Fury looks the more the AJ fight becomes a superfight there and the less likely it is for Wilder to land that. Wilder’s best chance at Fury is now, not if Fury regains form.

Wilder isnt AJ’s most lucrative or biggest fight. It’s Fury.
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 07-10-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      I just googled it. Just shy of 2mil. Broner is a significanfly bjgger name than Wilder and has been in big profile fights.

Wilder is, unfortunately, largely “unknown” even in the States.

Broner is more famous despite being not being very good anymore. Broner has been getting by off name and name alone which will start changing soon as he keeps losing.

Even if Wilder did 5-6 mil in the UK VS Fury...that’s still not much in comparison.

Aj might make half or a little more PER fight if he doesnt fight Wilder...but that half is 20mil plus still. Wilder is down to the LOW low single digits with his most lucrative fight being against Fury that will still not be half if what hed make vs Aj. Thats off that 50mil offer that AJ would never accept. The A side doesnt accept money or offers from the B side. Not once has it happened. Ever

The thing is, the better Fury looks the more the AJ fight becomes a superfight there and the less likely it is for Wilder to land that. Wilder’s best chance at Fury is now, not if Fury regains form.

Wilder isnt AJ’s most lucrative or biggest fight. It’s Fury.
                      No, you can't google the amount he took home. You think those Haymon second checks are public? Lol, that's the point.

And Broner has been doing consistently the best ratings on SHO. However, Wilder is the one with the top 2 ratings on SHO in the last three or so year dating back to his fight vs Stiverne.

So no, Broner isn't significantly a bigger name than Wilder. And Wilder damn sure wasn't taking the Ortiz fight by getting the same amount of money he would for his other fights.

Espinoza has come out and basically confirmed Broner ends up taking home over 2 million per fight, even if his official purse is 1 million. Haymon gives his guys second checks as well as some of the live gate as they end up co-promoting. They write off the expenses to the promotional company and take home a share of the gate and merchandise/food sales.

The A-side doesn't accept money offers from the B-side? When did I say the A-side does? The A-side usually doesn't get on camera and demand certain terms either that the B-side can accommodate. And the B-side in such a mega fight certainly has value and can demand things other B-siders would not be able to.

You keep saying Fury is Joshua's fight. Cool. So when does that fight happen? What is Warren going to demand in that fight? Can Hearn and Warren work together to make the fight happen? Does Fury have to sign with Matchroom for it to happen? What is the timetable here?

Comment

Working...
                      X