No announcement yet.

Scoring: Clay-Liston I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    I remember QUEEN from years ago on the AOL forums. He spouted the same fabrications back then also. Just made up crap. He has no life so he tries to instigate debates just to annoy.

Foreman was counted out. It was timed TWICE the first airing of the bout on ABC wide world of sports several weeks after the fight occurred. Ali joined live while Foreman did not show up. George was counted out in proper fashion and was down for ten seconds. Ali in both his bouts with Foreman and Frazier 3 sat down on the canvas after the bouts end. What you see is a massive surge in the ring as soon as the bout ends. Everyone and their brother is trying to get to Ali, some are trying to grab him to lift him up in triumph. Ali wants nothing of it and gets visibly angry and purposely slips to the canvas on his butt to keep it from happening. That's it. In Queens mind Ali was down for 30 seconds. What a very sad excuse for a man.

Ali confirmed that several times in interviews. The States do a better job of controlling the ring after a fight (not always granted, but better); in both those fights security quickly lost control of the situation and put the fighter in jeopardy of being injured.

Comment

I remember QUEEN from years ago on the AOL forums. He spouted the same fabrications back then also.
      --- Hoo dat?

I was on this board befer you was born.

But I do love me my Ali mythology like I love my Greek mythology, the kicker being there's video of every Ali fight!!!

FUN FUN FUN FESTS in perpetuity!!!

Comment

Unfortunately your interpretation of every fight is very wrong.

Comment

--- You mean like Ali looking helpless against the likes of Rudi Lubbers?

I've viewed and scored probay over a thousand fights now, and I'd rank Ali a grade A+ in physical attributes, and a B+ in ring consistency, but Lord have mercy, he could talk a blue streak red until it all went tragically silent thanks to his fans and team dependent upon his gifts...R. I. P...

Comment

Same crap since your AOL days. Have not learned a damn thing have you?

Comment

Same crap since your AOL days. Have not learned a damn thing have you?
              AOL had actually boxing forums?

Comment

Fantastic boxing forums. Several on here were significant contributors at that time. Debates would rage into the wee hours.

Comment

I was on the Prodigy boxing forum back whenever. It wasn't bad, no one knew what they were doing, but being so new it was great time.

Comment

--- AOL the godfather of boxing boards heavily populated with boxing people duking it out with fans and heavily moderated for a top class dialogue.

Prob the first big baseball board too. Big enough to buy out TimeWarner before there hubris skuppered them.

Comment

Fantastic boxing forums. Several on here were significant contributors at that time. Debates would rage into the wee hours.
                      I probably spent too much time in the chat rooms to notice the boards.

Comment

Working...
                      X