Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Like Wilder To Fight Whyte - Winner Gets Joshua Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the frustration here from Wilder and his fans is that he shouldn't be in this position where he is the B side. He certainly doesn't like it. But he's been promoted poorly and matched poorly, and had poor PR. And must be some sort of poster boy for mainstream America's disinterest in the sport.

Wilder is engaging, exciting, braggadocious. He also has the human interest story regarding how he fights for his child. He also handles himself well when he is not excited. When he was with Sky Sports he was thoughtful and respectful.

Unfortunately, Wilder isn't entitled to call the shots. AJ could get knocked out next week and STILL call the shots. I think that sort of eats away and some American fights fans sense of entitlement.

Take away all the narrative about the two fighting for one second and consider:

How is an American heavyweight titlist with a 98% KO rate fighting green pros in a modest venue, in his hometown in his 38th fight?

If Wilder was born in England. That lad would literally be shitting money at this point...just like AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I think the frustration here from Wilder and his fans is that he shouldn't be in this position where he is the B side. He certainly doesn't like it. But he's been promoted poorly and matched poorly, and had poor PR. And must be some sort of poster boy for mainstream America's disinterest in the sport.

Wilder is engaging, exciting, braggadocious. He also has the human interest story regarding how he fights for his child. He also handles himself well when he is not excited. When he was with Sky Sports he was thoughtful and respectful.

Unfortunately, Wilder isn't entitled to call the shots. AJ could get knocked out next week and STILL call the shots. I think that sort of eats away and some American fights fans sense of entitlement.

Take away all the narrative about the two fighting for one second and consider:

How is an American heavyweight titlist with a 98% KO rate fighting green pros in a modest venue, in his hometown in his 38th fight?

If Wilder was born in England. That lad would literally be shitting money at this point...just like AJ.
      Spot on M8!! Wilder has not fought the best, not even close to AJ - its gonna hurt him - the only thing Wilder has going for him, is he is a very explosive and long Heavyweight - dangerous combo

Comment

C'mon Eddie Hearn! You are stalling! Quit copping out and make the Joshua vs Wilder fight as soon as possible already! I know that you are only using this as an angle in order for AJ to hold onto his title for just awhile longer but give us boxing fans a friggin break!

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
          Spot on M8!! Wilder has not fought the best, not even close to AJ - its gonna hurt him - the only thing Wilder has going for him, is he is a very explosive and long Heavyweight - dangerous combo
          I think he's a quality heavyweight just because of that.

I do judge the big lads differently though. Because the margins are so small and they basically all get ironed out in the end. I think Wilder is pretty measured. I've never seen him take much of a shot yet due in part to his length. Molina buzzed him a bit but I don't think he was close to getting put down never mind put out.

AJ himself is always gonna have stamina issues being that big and throwing that many punches. I'm a betting man, I'll have a little look at Takam's odds just to see what's up.

I would with Wilder too if I believe Stiverne was any sort of threat. But I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
            See this where you UK fans get it twisted legacy will trump anything when it comes to boxing and US fans still know that. We could care less about the money fight. We wanna see the best vs best so called BOXING FANS. Dont claim your the best then start brushing the fight off to the side.

Yall dont wanna see the fight or something jeez! See you'd think US fans would be brainwashed with a "Mayweather mentality" but its the opposite haha.

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
              I would agree here. Its like they using whythe as a blocking bet ( poker term). Love uk fans but clearly they should be pushing to make the Wilder fight being his resume looks like ****, no balance, windmills etc......If he so dam flawed and Aj starches him so effortlessly then wtf is the hold up. So pulev didnt need to fight whythe and sell out Wembley but wilder needs a whythe for exposure lol. Somebody gotta see the irony......Right!!
              Lol its like no matter what Hearn says they just go along with it. These ain't boxing fans we talking to these AJ fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                Wilder is ducking Whyte
                LOL, No it's more like Joshua ducking Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  I thought AJ is a star over there. He just sold 70,000 tickets to fight Pulev. Hype up for what?
                  More expensive tickets.

Comment

You guys seem to be missing the big picture. The only reason why Hearn wants Wilder to fight his guy Whyte is in hopes of him taking that WBC crown away from Deontay.

That way Hearn would own at least 3/4 or 75%: The IBF, WBA and WBC of all the heavyweight championship titles in the division. Just Remember, that he who owns the Heavyweight division owns boxing.

Comment

Personally If I was Wilder, I'd be looking hard at 3 Mil to knock off Whyte. Easy money really. But I thought the word was that Hearn tied future promotions to the contract and all that BS ... and that was why Wilder wasn't interested. Did I miss something? Has something changed?

On another note, why is Whyte fixated on Wilder, when Jarrell Miller was willing and asking him to get in the ring. For Whyte's status (lack of) that fight would have been perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X