Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Trump thrust a knife in his own supporters' back?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Trump thrust a knife in his own supporters' back?

In the omnibus bill, he caved on his own agenda and main talking points. In the bill he just signed, he gave;

500 million to Planned Parenthood
    Practically nothing for an American border wall, except funding walls in other countries.
    Full funding of sanctuary cities

I think this guy is finally finished. The only thing that has been keeping him afloat has been rabid support from his supporters. When they see what he just passed with his own signature, if they haven't already, he is probably going to lose a significant amount of votes in the November Midterms and the Democrats will sweep congress. When that happens, he will IMMEDIATELY get impeached. Even though the charges are probably based on pure lies, it doesn't matter. Political witch hunts usually do not care about facts or justice, they are solely an attack on a political enemy using bureaucratic resources.

James Wood, an actor said this already, and it is a good metaphor, "The Democrats gave you the rope, Mr. President, and you just hanged yourself with it." Yep...

Originally posted by FlatWhite View Post
    In the omnibus bill, he caved on his own agenda and main talking points. In the bill he just signed, he gave;

500 million to Planned Parenthood
    Practically nothing for an American border wall, except funding walls in other countries.
    Full funding of sanctuary cities

I think this guy is finally finished. The only thing that has been keeping him afloat has been rabid support from his supporters. When they see what he just passed with his own signature, if they haven't already, he is probably going to lose a significant amount of votes in the November Midterms and the Democrats will sweep congress. When that happens, he will IMMEDIATELY get impeached. Even though the charges are probably based on pure lies, it doesn't matter. Political witch hunts usually do not care about facts or justice, they are solely an attack on a political enemy using bureaucratic resources.

James Wood, an actor said this already, and it is a good metaphor, "The Democrats gave you the rope, Mr. President, and you just hanged yourself with it." Yep...

Honestly as a trump voter..

Never cared about defunding plan parenthood, that was never a concern for me. I think planned parenthood is a good thing and should be funded

Border wall I never cared for one way or the other, my solution to illegal immigrants was just cut off the tax payer benefits, and allow them a quick way to nationalize and most importantly assimilate tp society.

Full funding for sanctuary cities- yes I wanna be like **** them, but I feel it’s petty to use federal funds as leverage against them. My opinion, states and cities should act how they want within reason and the federal government is too big if they have sway over states with fiscal blackmail pretty much.

2 keys for trump was supporting American workers and tax reform, both of which he has backed up.

Most of the things you mentioned are for the hard right wingers, and majority of right wingers like myself could really give 2 **** about.
    We are worried about taxes, jobs, and federal spending.
    Taxes and jobs, trump has done good, federal spending he has botched like a mother****er.

That’s as real as I can keep it... 100

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Honestly as a trump voter..

Never cared about defunding plan parenthood, that was never a concern for me. I think planned parenthood is a good thing and should be funded

Border wall I never cared for one way or the other, my solution to illegal immigrants was just cut off the tax payer benefits, and allow them a quick way to nationalize and most importantly assimilate tp society.

Full funding for sanctuary cities- yes I wanna be like **** them, but I feel it’s petty to use federal funds as leverage against them. My opinion, states and cities should act how they want within reason and the federal government is too big if they have sway over states with fiscal blackmail pretty much.

2 keys for trump was supporting American workers and tax reform, both of which he has backed up.

Most of the things you mentioned are for the hard right wingers, and majority of right wingers like myself could really give 2 **** about.
      We are worried about taxes, jobs, and federal spending.
      Taxes and jobs, trump has done good, federal spending he has botched like a mother****er.

That’s as real as I can keep it... 100
      There are enough of those hard right supporters to ruin the congressional elections in November though. We aren't talking about a tiny minority that doesn't matter, we are talking about a significant part of his base that is now extremely angry. Everything you praised as something that matters, will be easily blocked by a democrat congress and then undone with a democrat president. It won't matter, because crucial people will not show up to the voting booth to support what you think as valuable.

Comment

You need 2/3rds to convict in the Senate. No party has had 2/3rds control of the Senate since the 1960s. The Dems aren't going to get Republican Senators to convict Trump.

Comment

Working...
        X