Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So after rewatching the fight I thought GGG won by a single point because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after rewatching the fight I thought GGG won by a single point because...

of his jab
    He landed it all night, while going backwards and forwards. Pretty underrated and maybe his best weapon.

Had it 114-113 for GGG

Showed good defence in this fight, cuz Jacobs was missing for the most part.
    Its easy to look at Jacobs flurries and think they look great and miss the fact that GGG landed his jab all night.

If u rewatch it I suggest not watching the boxnation broadcast, GGG was winning the first half of the fight but according to boxnation you'd think GGG was getting outboxed, not true.

everyone is biased who says ether of these 2 men won for certain. golovkin didn't win ****. nothing, nadda. NOTHING. in realty it could have gone ether way. a draw would be a good fit. golovkin didn't win nothing in realty........

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      of his jab
      He landed it all night, while going backwards and forwards. Pretty underrated and maybe his best weapon.

Had it 114-113 for GGG

Showed good defence in this fight, cuz Jacobs was missing for the most part.
      Its easy to look at Jacobs flurries and think they look great and miss the fact that GGG landed his jab all night.

If u rewatch it I suggest not watching the boxnation broadcast, GGG was winning the first half of the fight but according to boxnation you'd think GGG was getting outboxed, not true.
      This is the same thing I said the night of. GGG's jab was keeping Jacobs honest. He landed it all night, with a high degree of accuracy and consistency. And it was as usually HARD. Snapping Dannys head back.

But went ignored by the commentary team except for the 4th round after he dropped danny. Then they seemed to realize GGG was landing those thudding jabs, then they forgot about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
        everyone is biased who says ether of these 2 men won for certain. golovkin didn't win ****. nothing, nadda. NOTHING. in realty it could have gone ether way. a draw would be a good fit. golovkin didn't win nothing in realty........
        The fight was close, but I think it was pretty straight forward to score. 1 round for GGG is fair, even with 1 point for GGG for knockdown is fair, 7 rounds to Jacobs is really starting to stretch it.

You have to start giving credit to Jacobs for doing better than you thought he would do instead of actually winning rounds.

Comment

I havent re-watched it yet, but from my hazy 5.am memory, his jab was OUTSTANDING for around 3 round's.

Not quiet sure why he stopped throwing it? partly due to jacobs moving more and partly due to sanchez giving the worst instructions ive ever heard (bar angel garcia)

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
            Everybody making this out to be Ward/Kovalev when it was more of a DeGale/Jack kind of fight...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              The fight was close, but I think it was pretty straight forward to score. 1 round for GGG is fair, even with 1 point for GGG for knockdown is fair, 7 rounds to Jacobs is really starting to stretch it.

You have to start giving credit to Jacobs for doing better than you thought he would do instead of actually winning rounds.
              i didn't give credit to jacobs for ****. i don't even believe in giving credit for doing better then what you're suppose to. when i scored the fight it was a god damn toss up fight. regardless of what anyone wants to say. the fight was literally even going into the 12th HBO had the same exact card as i had (even though they are very biased towards golovkin) if anyone has golovkin as a certain winner of this fight i don't need to debate or talk with u.

Comment

It was a close fight. I had DJ winning, but I have no problem with 6-6 with gGG wining because of the KD. For the life of me I can't find a 7th round to give to GGG, but that's the way boxing goes.

This was not a robbery! This was a close fight whose decision I happened to disagree with. I score fights round by round the way I see them. I am no expert, but like everyone else I call the rounds as I see them. A rematch is warranted, but no way will GGG's handlers allow that with Canelo about to payoff.

Some fighters would demand to give a rematch, but gGG seems like the type of fighter who lets his handlers 100% pick his fights and they won't risk the Canelo payday.

Comment

Working...
                X