Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GGG Have a Legal Case to Sue Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GG is trying to make Canelo mad so that he stands still more, that’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Canelo has already tested Negative 3 times Those test will be used in the rebuttal , than Canelo team will hire a scientist to testify that it's possible that you can test positive due to the contaminated meat. Either you fight or pull out the decision is yours
      Of course, but is not like GGG will go with only that failed test, they will also have a group of professionals and scientists to prove their theory. Man, a jury(if they ask for a jury) will be regular folks like us, and we all, or most are in agreement that eating tainted meat in mexico has been going on for years, and giving the wealth and status of canelo, there is no way he ate tainted meat, why risk it?.. Elvis just to have his sandwich made from a hollowed out loaf filled with an entire jar of peanut butter, one jar of jelly, and a pound of bacon, flew in his private jet from graceland to denver. If canelo lives in guadalajara, san diego is a 2 hour flight(non commercial). Buy 50 pounds of tainted free meat and put it in the freezer, remember how wealthy is this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
        Realistically, no. It's like missing weight. If a fighter misses weight, the opponent can take the fight anyway and get something like 10% of the overweight guy's purse or he can cancel the fight and get nothing. That is probably more under a fighter's control than not eating meat.

Second, I do know, that while G has no case and cannot sue anyone, Canelo, ODLH, GB promotions, Suliaman, the WBC, and VADA all could realistically sue G for defamation and win. Lance Armstrong sued many people and media for alleging he was on peds before there was proof. And he won millions. Pac sued Floyd and ODLH (but not Paulie and other fighters who said the same things) when they alleged Pac used peds without definitive proof. G alleged that Canelo cheated in the first fight and other past bouts. He accused ODLH of being a cheater. He said the WBC is playing favorites. He said either VADA is inadequate and can't catch cheats or that they cover up cheats, because one of the two must have happened the first fight. He has no proof of any of this. That is defamation.

If you want to hate on Canelo, or root for G to fight some bum then that is fine. But, legally, G has nothing to sue anyone for. If others wanted to b****, moan, and cry like G, they could take him to court and force G to pay up. Canelo is a diva and probably a cheat. However, if no one can prove it wasn't from contaminated meat, then to say publicly that Canelo took it on purpose as a ped, is illegal. Doesn't matter if he did take it on purpose to cheat, if you say he did publicly, the burden is on you to prove beyond doubt that he did. If the authorities/experts agree it was bad meat, then that is what it goes down as, and G goes down as being a crybaby. If they find Canelo took it on purpose, he will be suspended.

Finally, all this talk of suing, why didn't Wlad sue Fury? He cheated for the first fight, got found guilty of cheating, and suspended for two years. Fury was under contract to have a rematch with Wlad. If Fury doesn't have to pay Wlad about $20 million, than no one else is going to get money for their opponent cheating.
        Brother, you cannot sue for defamation when there is an actual failed test, Lance sued because he kept on passing, now, everybody can sue him for his money back, but I think is hard, because when he sued, he did not fail, he can say he abused them after the suit. Listen libel or defamation is like me saying you are gay to your church and you get kicked out and divorced, now if I say I have ONE picture, that is not defamation, its a fact(sorry for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
          Brother, you cannot sue for defamation when there is an actual failed test, Lance sued because he kept on passing, now, everybody can sue him for his money back, but I think is hard, because when he sued, he did not fail, he can say he abused them after the suit. Listen libel or defamation is like me saying you are gay to your church and you get kicked out and divorced, now if I say I have ONE picture, that is not defamation, its a fact(sorry for example).
          G said Canelo took peds to cheat. If the amount he had is consistent with eating tainted meat, than the test proves absolutely nothing. G now has the burden to prove that Canelo took clenbuterol on purpose, to enhance his performance.

You can say a test proves that. It doesn't. If it did, the fight would already be cancelled. The test proves that Canelo likely ate meat raised in Mexico.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but it is a fact. That people are too ignorant to realize having levels consistent with eating tainted meat is not absolute proof of someone purposefully cheating amazes me. Luckily for G, I don't think Canelo will go the Manny route and just refuse to take any more tests and sue him. However, legally, if they did, G would HAVE to PROVE Canelo cheated on purpose. He also would have to prove ODLH did, or Oscar could sue him. The WBC and VADA could also sue him for defamation for claiming they are in cahoots with cheaters.

These are all facts. That is the way our legal justice system is set up. You saying a test with levels consistent with tainted meat is definitive proof that Canelo knowingly ingested an illegal supplement to enhance his performance does not make it true. At all.

Canelo may very well be a cheater, but a test consistent with eating meat in Mexico, does not prove it. Not even close.

Comment

G said Canelo took peds to cheat. If the amount he had is consistent with eating tainted meat, than the test proves absolutely nothing. G now has the burden to prove that Canelo took clenbuterol on purpose, to enhance his performance.

You can say a test proves that. It doesn't. If it did, the fight would already be cancelled. The test proves that Canelo likely ate meat raised in Mexico.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but it is a fact. That people are too ignorant to realize having levels consistent with eating tainted meat is not absolute proof of someone purposefully cheating amazes me. Luckily for G, I don't think Canelo will go the Manny route and just refuse to take any more tests and sue him. However, legally, if they did, G would HAVE to PROVE Canelo cheated on purpose. He also would have to prove ODLH did, or Oscar could sue him. The WBC and VADA could also sue him for defamation for claiming they are in cahoots with cheaters.

These are all facts. That is the way our legal justice system is set up. You saying a test with levels consistent with tainted meat is definitive proof that Canelo knowingly ingested an illegal supplement to enhance his performance does not make it true. At all.

Canelo may very well be a cheater, but a test consistent with eating meat in Mexico, does not prove it. Not even close.
            You are right, but is not as easy as to say their fight would be cancelled if they knew it was on purpose, too many interests and a lot of money involved. Now as per the suit( we know we just talking about a fantasy trial)GGG team can say "of course it only have traces similar to tainted meat, they know how much and how little they take in order to cheat", how many boxers are mexican that live and eat there and haven't failed. I do am saying that it without a doubt Canelo failed a drug test, now who has to prove it wasnt on purpose?, you say GGG , I say Canelo, why, because he is the one that got caught. It very well be that they know the exact amount of illegal substance to take and they messed up and went a little over it. Someone said, why not take a hair sample, since it goes for months and showed it was a mistake on the meat.Remember, not one person can sue GGG because Canelo failed a drug test , so it is his opinion what happened, not gospel, he cannot be sued for defamation because there is proof. But I am sure you and me and the rest will like to see how the fight will end up, because if for some miracle Canelo KO's GGG everybody will say he was juicing, some people here swears Marquez was, and never failed a single test, imagine Canelo, and if canelo loses they will say even with juice Canelo was not able to beat an old man. I think Canelo star will go down a little bit, regardless of what happens.

Comment

That's not how it works. If it was Tyson Fury wouldn't have been able to retire, because he woulda had to pay Wlad millions. Remember, Fury got caught cheating before the fight, I don't even think Wlad was told until after the fight, Fury got found guilty, never showing up to any hearing to actually contest he took peds on purpose, was found to have cheated, and was suspended for two years. Which included a mandatory rematch with Wlad, and training and other expenses Wlad incurred before Fury was suspended.

That was a clear cut case, of a fighter cheating, getting found guilty of cheating, getting suspended, and not living up to his end of a legal contract because of his cheating.

This is the U.S. And in the U.S. to state a pro athlete is a cheater publicly, the burden is on you to prove he is a cheater. Eating bad meat, is not what G said. G is the one who could be sued; and G would lose and have to pay if certain people decide to sue him.
              I dont know about all the Fury jive. All I know is, their is no excuse for failing a test. Canelo shouldnt have been eating the meat. Thats his responsibility to know what he's putting in his body. You can fail a tests, and just about come with any excuse. The excuse dont mean anything. The fact of the matter is that you failed the test.

Comment

Nah forget all this suing and cancelling the fight, GGG still wants to fight Canelo bad. Let the true champ get in the ring and beat that ginger cheat again, hopefully he doesnt get robbed this time.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Unless GGG can prove the things that he's claiming, Canelo can sue him for defamation.
                  Bingo , not just one but very close Oscar fires back but lucky he said only Dirty !!! Could spin it other ways but shame GGG didn't asknfir advice from his team before shooting off

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    I dont know about all the Fury jive. All I know is, their is no excuse for failing a test. Canelo shouldnt have been eating the meat. Thats his responsibility to know what he's putting in his body. You can fail a tests, and just about come with any excuse. The excuse dont mean anything. The fact of the matter is that you failed the test.
                    What don't you know about the Fury jive? He failed a test. And he didn't even have an excuse. Even after two years he didn't have one. He failed a test. While living and training in the U.K. which has very strict guidelines on meat and the anabolic steroid he failed the test for is not in any meat in the U.K.

He failed the test. And instead of argue his innocence, he simply retired.

At least the WBC and VADA are letting G and everyone else know now before the fight. The UKAD, let Fury fail the test in Feb., did nothing until a year later, well after the fight with Wlad. They didn't tell anyone, didn't postpone the fight, nothing. They let the fight go on and then later admitted Fury failed a test and that they kept that secret for a year. It seems like the WBC and VADA are about ten steps ahead of the other b.s. organizations. Maybe instead of vilifying them for immediately releasing the failed tests, we should be praising them for doing it now and not months after the fight. Apparently, in the UK failing tests for anabolic steroids doesn't warrant any action for at least a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      You are right, but is not as easy as to say their fight would be cancelled if they knew it was on purpose, too many interests and a lot of money involved. Now as per the suit( we know we just talking about a fantasy trial)GGG team can say "of course it only have traces similar to tainted meat, they know how much and how little they take in order to cheat", how many boxers are mexican that live and eat there and haven't failed. I do am saying that it without a doubt Canelo failed a drug test, now who has to prove it wasnt on purpose?, you say GGG , I say Canelo, why, because he is the one that got caught. It very well be that they know the exact amount of illegal substance to take and they messed up and went a little over it. Someone said, why not take a hair sample, since it goes for months and showed it was a mistake on the meat.Remember, not one person can sue GGG because Canelo failed a drug test , so it is his opinion what happened, not gospel, he cannot be sued for defamation because there is proof. But I am sure you and me and the rest will like to see how the fight will end up, because if for some miracle Canelo KO's GGG everybody will say he was juicing, some people here swears Marquez was, and never failed a single test, imagine Canelo, and if canelo loses they will say even with juice Canelo was not able to beat an old man. I think Canelo star will go down a little bit, regardless of what happens.
                      Its not about what you or me say. I'm not saying anything except what the law states. I'm not arguing it is right or wrong, but that is the law. G could be sued for defamation. Lance Armstrong sued numerous people and media outlets for accusing him of using peds. He won millions of dollars in numerous lawsuits. Guess what? He did use peds! The law says that if you claim a pro athlete knowingly and purposefully cheated, that you have to be able to prove that. Obviously trace amounts does not prove knowingly taking peds, as almost everyone in Mexico for any period of time has the same amount.

That is the law. You can argue that G should be allowed to say whatever he wants and Canelo should have to prove he is innocent. But you cannot argue that that is what the law currently is. Because it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X