Theory on Mayweathers delay and why he will not fight in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory on Mayweathers delay and why he will not fight in September

I believe the contract negotiations for an extension are real,
    I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

I think he will give Pacquiao a rematch next Cinco de Mayo,
    Pacquiao will be fit and their will no excuses.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

I'm probably wrong but just wanted to throw this out there.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    I also think for that the reason he will not fight in September. If Floyd is to sign a 3 fight extension he will want some time off.

He has been highly active (two fights a year) since signing that deal that he may need to take a break and fight next year.

Berto is being used as a smoke screen, combine that with Floyd posting pics of him training on social media (clearly old photos) and you'll soon realise he has no intention of fighting in September and is using Berto as bait for a new deal.

Thoughts?

Yea you are definitely wrong.

Floyd always fights on the dates he says he will.

Somebody makes a thread before every floyd fight about how he won't fight on the date he laid out.

September 12th you will see floyd vs somebody

Comment

time off from what? hell he only fights twice a year

Comment

2 fights a year is highly active? Lol what

Comment

Thoughts?

I think you may be on to something. It all depends if Floyd has been deep into camp and the promotional plan is in place.

I too think there might be a delay considering we are not even exactly sure of the opponent yet according to Berto's team and they haven't even started any kind of promotion for this.

Comment

Floyd needs to retire after his next fight he will be 39 years old if he steps in the ring.

Comment

Virgil hunter seemed to think he wouldn't fight in September for reasons he wouldn't elaborate on after the Pac fight. Possibly hand injury...but it seems like he will fight in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
                2 fights a year is highly active? Lol what
                Considering for years prior to sending that deal he would only fight once a year.

He claimed it was because of his hands but you never know really...

Comment

Considering for years prior to sending that deal he would only fight once a year.

He claimed it was because of his hands but you never know really...
                  That doesn't make him a "highly active" fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                    That doesn't make him a "highly active" fighter.
                    I read about a fighter in the 50's in New York who fought 3 times in one day.

Two 10 rounders and 1 12 rounder. And he had to travel for the third, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X