No announcement yet.

FBI Arrests 29 Year Old Mastermind of Billion Dollar Internet Drug Blackmarket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Nice try. But don't they all make mistakes which gets them fed time in the long run? Oh, perhaps mistakes like say ... dealing with people?

I'm wildly guessing he'll have a career assisting the feds in tracking down other up and coming e-drug dealers when he gets out.

I'm looking forward to watching DiCaprio playing this guy in the not too distant future.
    Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    $500 invested in BitCoins in 2011, would have yielded over $60,000 in Spring of 2013.
    Originally posted by 10COUNT View Post
    Can't wait for this movie to come out. You can bet it's gonna be called SilkRoad. Sounds cool. I agree with tbe poster that said DiCaprio, he would fit perfectly.
    amazing story, this guy kept such a low profile if he hadn't given his name away on the website he'd still be in business. i have a feeling the feds aren't going to recover much of the money he made, it'll bet it's in a secret numbered swiss account no one else even knows exists. this kid was a smooth operator, like the other two guys said, i can see dicaprio as ross ulbrecht in the 2015 film "Silkroad"

Comment

Originally posted by 10COUNT
      Can't wait for this movie to come out. You can bet it's gonna be called SilkRoad. Sounds cool. I agree with tbe poster that said DiCaprio, he would fit perfectly.
      too old. it'll be Timberlake

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Not that I agree with the war on drugs, but he did order hits on two different people. He isn't some unsuspecting website operator, he does have blood on his hands.
        The Tase does not concern himself with such trivial details, because he 'works for Big Pharma and knows they are major crooks.'

Comment

Free Market entrepreneurship at work here. One could even make a case that govt regulations once again got in the way of what was a brilliant way of selling drugs. Bitcoins are a bubble but it's a good way to avoid all the hassle that you go through with transferring money. And yes...his hand was forced with hiring hitmen to murder a former associate, which I don't agree with... but all parties knew of the repercussions when they got involved with this [You can't squeal on your partners after having participated... who will face long prison time and expect them not to do anything about it. And no...even with the hiring of hitmen, he cannot be classified as Mafia. The mafia steals and this was voluntary transaction. ]

Comment

Wow. None of it bothered me but having people executed is worth locking him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Wow. None of it bothered me but having people executed is worth locking him up.
              Pretty much, now he is not making a good living and keeping commerce flowing. He is more helpful to society doing what he was doing not sitting behind bars with all of us paying for it.

Let the drug dealers go, in my work some of my most loyal customers are drug dealers.

Comment

This story broke 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  I thought the same thing, although it sounds like they don't know if they can actually charge him with murder or not.
                  http://www.businessinsider.com/silk-...urders-2013-11

But the true surprise is that the government also accused the alleged Silk Road mastermind, known by the alias Dread Pirate Roberts, of hiring a hitman to kill six people. He had previously been accused of plotting to kill two people.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Cool story, hope the movie is well done.
                    Originally posted by MODAPHUKA View Post
                    They need to make a movie on this.
                    He will make good money with the book rights and alot more with the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Pretty much, now he is not making a good living and keeping commerce flowing. He is more helpful to society doing what he was doing not sitting behind bars with all of us paying for it.

Let the drug dealers go, in my work some of my most loyal customers are drug dealers.
                      So you're a pharmacist? A luxury car/jewellery salesman? A cashier at Walmart??

Comment

Working...
                      X