No announcement yet.

Leave Vanes alone and let him make his money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Vanes alone and let him make his money

I'm by no means a fan of Vanes or particularly pleased to see him as an opponent for GGG, just so that's out of the way. The man is obviously stuggling to make ends meet and GGG needed an opponent on short notice, I got no problem with this match-up.

I can't remember if it was Lara or who but I do remember seeing Vanes get robbed before against a good name or two so lets give the guy a break.

Yes, GGG vs Canelo II is an exciting fight and we all wanted to see it, but you can't honestly expect GGG to take on a lion at short notice. Sure he's been training physically, but mentally that camp is over. Shifting gears on short notice isn't a smart move for an undefeated* fighter to make.

In the meantime, show a little love for Vanes. Boxers give us the greatest enjoyment of any sport, let him make some money for crying out loud.

The first fight with Lara people thought he won maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      The first fight with Lara people thought he won maybe?
      It could have been. What's your opinion on that fight? I can't remember atm.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        It could have been. What's your opinion on that fight? I can't remember atm.
        Lol I can remember like two Lara fights and one just happened

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Lol I can remember like two Lara fights and one just happened
          Haha, I hear that. I like Lara, but I can only remember a few fights. Williams and Hurd for sure, shít --- I might be in the same boat as you.

Comment

Vanes lost close fights to Lara, Charlo and Andrade. He's not a bum but he's been off for too long and he's gonna get slaughtered but yeah, no hate for him making some coin.

Comment

I have seen Vanes fight many times. He comes to fight. No clinching just punching. He is enjoyable to watch with his aggressive boxer-puncher style.He is a good fighter. He lost a close split decision to Andrade and knocked Andrade down in the first round.

Comment

Working...
              X