Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Council Scoring Criteria For Welterweight Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: World Boxing Council Scoring Criteria For Welterweight Tourney

Evander Holyfield's The Real Deal Boxing has announced the development of a standardized scoring criteria for the Jose Sulaiman World Invitational Tournament', the opening round of which will take place on Friday, April 27, 2018 at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, KY.
    [Click Here To Read More]

..at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, KY.
    Man, that seems a strange name.

Comment

Glad to see that they will use instant replay! Video is the ultimate proof during a fight. I’ll bet the refs will feel highly scrutinized bc of the use of video in this tourney. I welcome the change... hopefully it will carry over. Not to mention the pre and post MRI’s, that’s very admirable too

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        Kentucky Fried Chicken, has the YUM slogan. Does sound quite schitty

Comment

Winner also moves up 1 spot on boxrec

Comment

--Additional Judges to minimize margin of error by the KBWC

A 4th judge will be placed at the ring, and a 5th judge will be placed in front of a monitor with no audio commentary

--Instant Replay

The KBWC will employ use of Instant Replay to determine knockdown vs. slip, punch vs. foul, or anything that determines the end of the bout. There will be a three-person panel consisting of a KBWC representative, a WBC representative, and an alternate referee. Only a member of the panel or the referee in charge can request a replay; the fighters or their corner cannot request a review. The panel will have the one-minute rest period to review, and both camps will be notified of any review.

--Fans determine the seeding of each fighter

Fans were given the opportunity to vote for how the seeding and 1st round matchups were determined via social media; the fan vote will account for 50% of the seeding, with the other 50% being determined by the WBC ratings representative(s)

wow fucking A+

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              I know it sounds kinda funny but its legit. My brother in law Jermaine was in charge of marketing management for the Yum and KFC brand.

Comment

I've been saying this for the longest time, 5 judges minimizes bad decisions
                To me, that's the biggest part. This should be incorporated in ALL of boxing.

Instant replay is also welcomed, as these bad ref decisions effect the outcome of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I've been saying this for the longest time, 5 judges minimizes bad decisions
                  To me, that's the biggest part. This should be incorporated in ALL of boxing.

Instant replay is also welcomed, as these bad ref decisions effect the outcome of a fight.
                  They use 5 judges at the Olympics....just saying lol

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    They use 5 judges at the Olympics....just saying lol
                    Lmao. ****s not that hard to grasp. Another thing that I've said before, they should use an odd number of rounds. That would reduce the number of draw cards. Now whether you go up a round or down a round is up for debate, but I would think that for safety reasons, they would like to see it moved down a round.

Another idea I've tossed out here before, is an OT round. After the fight is 'over' don't cut the gloves off. Wait until the official decision and if it does come out to a draw, have the fighters fight one more, 2 min round. Winner take all.

Obviously, bad decisions happen in this sport and nothing can totally eliminate that. Implementing changes to the scoring and the rules can improve the sport and increase fan appeal.

Comment

Working...
                    X