No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Admits: I Took Canelo Fight Because I Was Desperate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He wanted a fight in Vegas which is why he fought Collazo, Alexander and Algieri instead of Brook?
    This reply has nothing to do with what I actually said (which was to do with why he fought *Canelo* instead of Brook).

And btw the Alexander and Collazo fights were in Vegas...

Comment

Originally posted by sore_back View Post
      This reply has nothing to do with what I actually said (which was to do with why he fought *Canelo* instead of Brook).

And btw the Alexander and Collazo fights were in Vegas...
      Of course it has something to do with it. If he ducked the massive fight to fight the likes of Algieri of course he was going to duck for Canelo.

Khan's worst nightmare is losing to Brook. He'll lose to anyone else over that.

Comment

We all knew this lol there was no other way to describe taking that fight over a far more winnable matchup against his domestic rival. Had he not wasted four years chasing Mayweather and Pacquiao with no justifiable reason for them to face him, he could have put them in the position to where they have no choice other than to acknowledge him by beating credible opponents (like the guys they settled for over him). But instead he had to settle for what will be the only opportunity he’ll ever get.

Comment

Khan would have made more money fighting Brook than anyone else. Mayweather/Pacquiao opponents were making <5 mil unless it was a big name. Stop talking bollocks.
          I didn't say *anything* about that, I'm not sure why you keep trying to tell me what my opinion is (I agree with the point about money).

It's like you're so far up Brook/ Hearn's a*se that you can't even read anything that might be an opinion that hasn't been copied straight from them...

Comment

Originally posted by sore_back View Post
            I didn't say *anything* about that, I'm not sure why you keep trying to tell me what my opinion is (I agree with the point about money).

It's like you're so far up Brook/ Hearn's a*se that you can't even read anything that might be an opinion that hasn't been copied straight from them...
            You said Khan didn't take fights like Brook because it didn't make sense risk/reward. A Brook fight made more sense than Mayweather or Canelo, he would have been paid more and have a better chance of actually winning.

Stop making excuses for glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Brook and Khan moved up two weights in fights they had no chance of winning and not only that but it was two fights that no one really wanted to see when what everyone wanted was Khan to fight Brook and Canelo to fight GGG.

2016 was a weird year for Boxing.
              Totally......

Comment

You said Khan didn't take fights like Brook because it didn't make sense risk/reward. A Brook fight made more sense than Mayweather or Canelo, he would have been paid more and have a better chance of actually winning.

Stop making excuses for glass chin.
                And what was the "reward" that I talked about at the start? Was it money? NO!!!

He said he wanted a big fight in Vegas against one of the top fighters in the world. If he beat May / Pac he would have been one of the biggest athletes/ boxers in the world.

And, if you believe that beating Brook at Wembley would have made the May/ Pac fights a lot more likely, you're deluding yourself imo.

Also, I don't think he had a much better chance against Brook than against the other two tbh, but that's not to do with the point I'm making.

Comment

I can respect that. The UK is obviously a boxing hotbed but everyone knows that the mecca of boxing is in Las Vegas. Khan had no business taking that fight but after being denied fights against May and Pac I can see how he would be desperate for a big money fight in Vegas. You live and learn but hopefully he doesn't take that risk again. He should stay at 140 if anything.Garcia vs Khan would be legit.

Comment

Beating Brook would have made him a legitimate opponent for May or Pac by way of holding that title. Brook in contrast held the belt but had no name recognition. But I recall he wanted to fight Broner instead coming off a loss and three inches or so shorter than Brook. But that's why it was a hard fight for him to win. Khan just wasn't that good or as good as he thought he was.
                    I would rather have seen the battle of Britain between Brook and Khan than both of them getting KOd at a higher weight.
                    Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 04-16-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      I remember how out of the blue it was when they announced those Brook/GGG , Canelo/Khan fights.
                      Fair play to them for stepping up and having a go. I imagine they made good money from it, but they had little chance of coming away with wins.

Those two guys fighting eachother would of been better. A big sell out fight, good money and a competitive fight.
                      Brook and Khan are a weird couple and their hate for each other produces "head-scratching" outcomes.

Khan hates the idea of giving Brook a big opportunity and possibly losing to him, and Brook pretty much shares the same sentiments.

So what happens? Khan moves up nearly two weight classes, fights a decent fight, but finds himself unconscious within 6 rounds.

Bad ending, right? Khan got so much credit for taking that fight and Brook said, "Wait, hold my beer. Khan's not about to step up in weight and get KO'd better than me"....so he moves up two weight classes 3 months later and gets pummeled by GGG.

So yeah, even in defeat...both guys want to outdo each other, but won't share the ring. Weird couple, I say....weird couple.

Comment

Working...
                      X