No announcement yet.

Pickem League: Money Edition Potential Rules Voting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickem League: Money Edition Potential Rules Voting

Alright linking everyone who's expressed interest in joining this game to start getting some votes on the potential rules to use as this seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out & get out of the way.

BrometheusBob gots long established rules for his game that we've been using for awhile now & that everyone is used to. I've listed them below so everyone can look them over.

Putting some voting options up & we can discuss the pros & cons with doing x or doing y from there.

Voting options will be:

-I'd like to use the current rules
    -I'd like to use the current rules with some changes
    -I'd like to come up with a new set of rules

Feel free to discuss particulars if you are one of the people who are leaning towards one of the latter two options

Ground rules:
    - Prior to each fight, a new thread will be made for the purpose of allowing people to record their predictions.
    - Predictions must be made prior to the start of the fight
    - You do not need to make a prediction for every fight to stay in the game, but obviously you will receive no points if you do not pick.

Terminology:
    RESULT METHOD
    KO = Will cover all type of stoppage wins - TKO, KO, DQ
    Decision = Will cover all type of decision wins - UD, MD, SD, TD

RESULT DETAIL
    If you picked KO, either 1-4, 5-8, 9-12. (Or 1-3, 4-6, 7-10 for a 10 rounder)
    If you picked DEC, either 'CLOSE' or 'WIDE'.

CLOSE = Total score difference is less than 12 pts or less
    eg. closer than 116-112 on all three cards or closer

WIDE = Total score difference of >=12 pts
    eg. Equal to or wider than 116-112 on all three cards

If the fight is a 10 round fight or ends in a technical decision, the cutoff line of 12 pts is scaled down to the number of rounds fought.
    eg WIDE for a 10 round fight will be equal to or wider than 97-93, 97-93, 96-94.

MULTIPLIER
    Every player will have the option to use multipliers throughout the game when they feel especially confident of their prediction. It can also allow players who joined late an opportunity to get in the game by scoring a big pick.

2X = Get twice as many points for this prediction. You will have five of these in the game.

3X = Get triple as many points for this prediction. You will three of these in the game.

How scores/rankings will be updated
    After each fight, your score for that fight will be calculated as follows:

Correct Fighter = 20 pts
    Correct Method = 5 pts
    Correct Detail = 5 pts

Wrong Fighter = 0 pts

Draw = If you correctly pick a draw, you will win 120 pts. Everyone else will get 0.

The total of above results in your BASE SCORE. Your BASE SCORE for a fight will multiplied by all applicable multipliers / bonuses.

Bonus multipliers will be made available for fights with a 5/1 or wider favorite. The amount of the multiplier will be the odds for the favorite divided by 4, up to a max of 3x. (eg 5/1 favorite = 1.25X bonus on the underdog)

I reserve the right to make exceptions to the above.

Other Details
    -Score and rankings updates will be made within 24 hours after a fight. (lol, hopefully anyway)
    -Rankings will include number of remaining multipliers you have left.
    -If you attempt to use a multiplier that you do not have, I will use the highest available multiplier that is less than the one you tried to use. For example, if you say 2X without any 2Xs left, I will treat it as a 1X play. If you use a 3X without any 3Xs left, I will try to use a 2X.
    -MEGA-
    -Kev-
    *TonyMontana*
    A.K
    BrometheusBob.
    Fetta
    FinitoxDinamita
    hhs661
    Koba-Grozny
    mlac
    Motorcity Cobra
    NC Uppercut
    OnlyBeingHonest
    Pigeons
    Rampad
    Szef
    ShoulderRoll
    I'd like to use the current rules
    66.67%
    I'd like to use the current rules with some changes
    33.33%
    I'd like to come up with a new set of rules
    0.00%

The current rules are fine by me.

One possible change, though, could be to have three categories of winning by decision: very close, close, and wide.

Just to match the three "result detail" categories of winning by KO.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-28-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I'm fine with the current rules, man, but I'll happily consider any suggested changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        The current rules are fine by me.

One possible change, though, could be to have three categories of winning by decision: very close, close, and wide.

Just to match the three "result detail" categories of winning by KO.
        Whats an example of the particulars of such a rule change?

12pts difference is wide now. Under 12pts is close now.

Comment

The current rules brobob has in place work fine for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Whats an example of the particulars of such a rule change?

12pts difference is wide now. Under 12pts is close now.
            Like less than 8 points is "very close"...8 to 12 is points is "close"...and greater than 12 is "wide."

Something like that.

Comment

I like the current rules but if there are some additions to the current rules I don't have any problem with that. I don't have any particular changes I want to see. I'm flexible

Comment

I’m good with the current rules. Also up for suggestions as well

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Like less than 8 points is "very close"...8 to 12 is points is "close"...and greater than 12 is "wide."

Something like that.
                  Okay. Anyone got any opinions on what ShoulderRoll is suggesting? Good, bad or indifferent? Or specifics on his very close option?

For me I kinda like it, but specifically with the example I think very close should be closer than just less then 8pts. Like maybe it would be under 4, 5 or 6pts &/or any majority & split decision & maybe push out close a lil more, a point or two?, then everything 13 or 14pts difference plus is wide.

And this is all just thinking outloud & feeling out potential new ideas & seeing what people think & what sticks. No idea is good or bad, well this is NSB so I'm sure someone will have a sh^tf#ckingawful idea soon, but you get my point.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I like the current rules but if there are some additions to the current rules I don't have any problem with that. I don't have any particular changes I want to see. I'm flexible
                  Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  I’m good with the current rules. Also up for suggestions as well
                  Yea I'm with you guys. I'm curious at new ideas, but I do like Bob's rules to work off of primarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Okay. Anyone got any opinions on what ShoulderRoll is suggesting? Good, bad or indifferent? Or specifics on his very close option?

For me I kinda like it, but specifically with the example I think very close should be closer than just less then 8pts. Like maybe it would be under 4, 5 or 6pts &/or any majority & split decision & maybe push out close a lil more, a point or two?, then everything 13 or 14pts difference plus is wide.

And this is all just thinking outloud & feeling out potential new ideas & seeing what people think & what sticks. No idea is good or bad, well this is NSB so I'm sure someone will have a sh^tf#ckingawful idea soon, but you get my point.
                    Yeah, the actual point difference is something to discuss. 13 or 14 for wide is not a bad idea at all.

Just throwing it out there for you guys to consider.

Comment

Working...
                    X