Comments Thread For: Lemieux: I'm Not Here To Play; I'm Here To Make History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Lemeiux can attack the body.

Comment

GGG will get hit. I think his defense is pretty average. Should be interesting to see how good his chin really is.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        No amount of training in the world is going to firm up that china chin.

All he has is power, but GGG has more power, better skills and a better chin.

Its going to be lights out in the first four rounds for Lemieux. This fight is a joke, love how they are trying to build it up like it will be competitive at all. GGG vs a china chin.
        No evidence to say Lemieux has a china chin. It was his stamina that let him down against Rubio, not his chin. He ran out of steam and was pulled out by his corner.

Comment

Can't this guy just STFU? I'm from Montreal and I am tired of his constant ridiculous comments. When everything is said and done, all this crap will end up being nothing but a huge embarrassment for our beautiful city.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            GGG will get hit. I think his defense is pretty average. Should be interesting to see how good his chin really is.
            As a pressure fighter, it's his good jab that serves as his defense. It's powerful enough to keep the opponent busy. He uses it in an a intelligent way, both offensively and defensively that limits his opponents power and opens up the offense.

GGG will cover his opponent’s lead hand as he throws his jab. This often redirects that punch just enough to make it useless.

His chin is good, but his timing is what makes him able to seemingly walk through punches.

The jab and shoulder often redirects his opponent's throws, either past his head or they hit with a fraction of the power. Making it look like he is getting hit solidly, but he isn't. That doesn't mean no one lands. Who doesn't get hit. Everyone does. Pressure fighters more so than most.

GGG also uses a side-step, and subtle slips to angle off to his left or right, leading to devastating body shots or powerful uppercut. His defense is suburb offense.

In doing so he takes himself a position that gives him the advantage to to deliver the powerful left hook, which often does his opponent in. GGG footwork allies him to always be in balance. This is why he s able to land power ****s from any position.

He switches to softpaw to deliver follow up throws. Many other fighters are off balance when they do this. GGG is able to use footwork to regain that balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
              Can't this guy just STFU? I'm from Montreal and I am tired of his constant ridiculous comments. When everything is said and done, all this crap will end up being nothing but a huge embarrassment for our beautiful city.

Little saucise why don't you STFU. David has balls, something you obviously don't have. You're an embarrassment to your city.

If David is such a weak opponent, why don't you step in the ring with him?

Watch any of his fights to realise his power is for real. Opponents, definitely fear him once they feel that first solid hammer.

I wouldn't want to be GGG this coming Saturday! More then ever in his life, David is on a mission! Alleluia!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarboyled View Post
                Little saucise why don't you STFU. David has balls, something you obviously don't have. You're an embarrassment to your city.

Watch any of his fights to realise his power is for real. Opponents, definitely fear him once they feel that first solid hammer.

I wouldn't want to be GGG this coming Saturday! More then ever in his life, David is on a mission! Alleluia!
                You wouldn't want to be a guy who is getting paid millions for at most 36 minutes of work. Heck, I would.

Especially since for Lemieux, he is gonna take a nap around the 4th round.

Duh, maybe Lemieux is on a mission. Problem is, he is facing a guy who is also on a mission. GGG is on the precipice of getting everything he has worked for, and all he has to do is the same thing Rubio did, take Lemieux out.

Don't get mad at Barcham, he didn't make Lemieux talk so damn much.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarboyled View Post

He can be the biggest puncher in the history of the sport and it means absolutely nothing at all unless HE CAN LAND HIS PUNCHES CLEAN AND ON TARGET. I don't think he can. I think Lemmy is a wild puncher and very easy to predict. I think GGG will have no problem avoiding his punches and no problem at all in landing his own in exchange. And Lemieux has NEVER tasted the kind of power that Golovkin brings to the ring. He will be tasting it tomorrow however.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                    Indeed, no one will fight him if David bangs him right on the button with his biggest shot and doesn't drop him! That'll be the cherry fully on the top, Canelo and Cotto will run a mile!

Comment

Working...
                    X