Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in here is actually around boxing on a weekly basis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in here is actually around boxing on a weekly basis?

Interested in know who's actively involved with boxing.

What are your thoughts on the fighters coming up.

Any guys or gals to watch?

What's your LBC?

I am .

Boxers weak are minded nowadays ,they are lazy and dont want to put in the work.

The sport of boxing today is watered down much like the nba. A bunch of athletes focused on being athletic more so than fundamentally sound . No true defense .

Its pathetic. Not many true boxing gyms exsist anymore and in 20 years they will be very rare.

Comment

I no longer am but I was about 2 years ago. I was going to a new boxing gym, working out hard, sparring and keeping an eye on 2 amateur kids that were just starting to fight in tournaments.

2 years later, the gym is closed, and I have no contact with my former trainer or anyone from the gym.

I am glad to see that many people are doing boxing training as a workout in classes, even though it is kind of corny to the boxing heads. There is nothing that really compares. I have a daughter and we do some boxing related workouts together sometimes. But as a parent, no way would I ever let any of my kids actually take punches to the head. Its insane. Boxing will always be a sport dominated by those who grew up desperate, impoverished, etc. Maybe it isn't a bad thing that boxing talent in the US is nothing compared to what it used to be.

Comment

I guess it varies by cities.

I'm around active fighters who live and die for boxing. They are young and improving each and every day. They're some of most elite talent that we'll see in the future. It's actually cool to see them coming up. I just went to the grand opening of a new boxing gym this past saturday. People love boxing.

Comment

I am... I coach youth, adults, and mma fighters..

Biggest problem with guys coming up is they don't stay active enough, and don't get tested until they are in major fights.
          Prospects need to fight roughly 25 times over their first 3/4 years, and have 3-5 SHObox caliber fights, 3-5 showcase fights, and 1 or 2 faded veterans on their resume before they start fighting in eliminators and title fights.. We have seen so many prospects over the past decade get exposed when thrown to the wolves because they never have been really under any duress their whole career and can't handle the tough fights..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I am... I coach youth, adults, and mma fighters..

Biggest problem with guys coming up is they don't stay active enough, and don't get tested until they are in major fights.
            Prospects need to fight roughly 25 times over their first 3/4 years, and have 3-5 SHObox caliber fights, 3-5 showcase fights, and 1 or 2 faded veterans on their resume before they start fighting in eliminators and title fights.. We have seen so many prospects over the past decade get exposed when thrown to the wolves because they never have been really under any duress their whole career and can't handle the tough fights..
            I feel you. I don't know where you're from but I feel you. I know that the boxers i'm around are fully engaged, at a young age. These guys know their stuff. They can put combos together , ect. I've seen so many great fights. If people love boxing then they should really go to their local shows because they typically have great fights.

Comment

I watch all the boxing I can if it involves top 10 rated level boxers and I also watch Showtime's next generation show about good prospects. I usually skip amateur boxing and low level pro boxing. I really pay little attention to up coming boxers until they get into the top 20 in the world unless a prospect catches my eye before then. As a rule with so much boxing available to watch on cable tv I only watch the higher level boxers and I try not to miss any fights between high level guys. I watch the top guys even if I don't like them just to see how they compare with other top boxers in their weight class.A week almost never goes by without me watching some boxing.

Comment

Amateur boxing is more intense than the Pros.

Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                X