OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    The "migrant Muslim" is neither a migrant or Muslim

What's more, one of the other videos is fake while the other was filmed during a revolution in Egypt

Despite the above and all evidence to the contrary, I refuse to believe that Trump is stupid enough to believe this ****

He's simply deflecting attention away from more important stuff
    Can you please source those claims?

To be honest, I'm not so much up to speed on this. I know Trump re-tweeted something that has liberals the world over with their panties in a bunch.

But since you've made specific charges about this topic, now is a good time and you're a good person to hopefully get me up to speed.

Comment

Top 1% get 62% of tax reductions by 2027 while two thirds of middle class cop increases
      Sources please.

And please make sure the sources show what percentage of the total taxes the 1% already pay.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Can you please source those claims?

To be honest, I'm not so much up to speed on this. I know Trump re-tweeted something that has liberals the world over with their panties in a bunch.

But since you've made specific charges about this topic, now is a good time and you're a good person to hopefully get me up to speed.
          If you google something like "Trump video retweet" you'll find literally hundreds of references

Comment

If you google something like "Trump video retweet" you'll find literally hundreds of references
            You made the claim.

Just cite one or two. Thx

Comment

Sources please.

And please make sure the sources show what percentage of the total taxes the 1% already pay.
              https://www.cbpp.org/blog/senate-fin...-bush-tax-cuts

Comment

• Thanks.

Here's the other half of the equation:

The top-earning 1 percent of Americans will pay nearly half of the federal income taxes for 2014, the largest share in at least three years, according to a study.

According to a projection from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, the top 1 percent of Americans will pay 45.7 percent of the individual income taxes in 2014—up from 43 percent in 2013 and 40 percent in 2012 (the oldest period available). (Tweet this)

The bottom 80 percent of Americans are expected to pay 15 percent of all federal income taxes in 2014, according to the study. The bottom 60 percent are expected to pay less than 2 percent of federal income taxes.

While the top 1 percent pay a larger share of taxes, they also earn an outsized share of income. According to the Tax Policy Center, they earned 17 percent of expanded cash income in 2014. (Some studies have given higher estimates for this group's share of income depending on their different definitions of income.)

Source:
                https://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/13/top-...ome-taxes.html

So the tax cuts seem pretty fair in that regard.

Comment

• -In 2014, 139.6 million taxpayers reported earning $9.71 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.37 trillion in individual income taxes.

-The share of income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers rose to 20.6 percent in 2014. Their share of federal individual income taxes also rose, to 39.5 percent.

-In 2014, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.3 percent of all individual income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.7 percent.

-The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (39.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.1 percent).

-The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 27.1 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).

A few more tax numbers.

Source:
                  https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2016-update/

Comment

Thanks.

Here's the other half of the equation:

The top-earning 1 percent of Americans will pay nearly half of the federal income taxes for 2014, the largest share in at least three years, according to a study.

According to a projection from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, the top 1 percent of Americans will pay 45.7 percent of the individual income taxes in 2014—up from 43 percent in 2013 and 40 percent in 2012 (the oldest period available). (Tweet this)

The bottom 80 percent of Americans are expected to pay 15 percent of all federal income taxes in 2014, according to the study. The bottom 60 percent are expected to pay less than 2 percent of federal income taxes.

While the top 1 percent pay a larger share of taxes, they also earn an outsized share of income. According to the Tax Policy Center, they earned 17 percent of expanded cash income in 2014. (Some studies have given higher estimates for this group's share of income depending on their different definitions of income.)

Source:
                    https://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/13/top-...ome-taxes.html

So the tax cuts seem pretty fair in that regard.
                    As I think I've mentioned earlier, US taxes (and Australian btw) are way too high and long overdue for reduction/reform

I'd prefer to see a system where big tax cuts were granted across the board as then everyone would have the right to choose what they do with the extra hard earned in their pockets

As it stands, the lower earners are too reliant upon the top to hire more people, wages to increase, etc for their lot to improve

Unfortunately, it doesnt always work out that way

Comment

• as a brit, trump is in the right here. theresa may should mind her own ****ing business, shes no saint herself.

Comment

Working...
                      X