Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest Robbery Thus Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaz-Malignaggi was bad, but seemed to have taken on a life of its own mainly due to Paulie predicting beforehand exactly how it would go down.

I thought Martinez-Cintron was much worse - dude won by knockout and by rounds yet still wound up with a draw.

There was also an ESPN2 fight earlier in the year. I think it was Golden Boy's first card of the year on ESPN2. Chop Chop fought some prospect whose name I can't remember; I just remember the decision being so bad that even Oscar de la Hoya admitted on air that his kid got a gift.

Both of those fights were worse/more corrupt than any of the three listed, esp. Cotto-Clottey which at best (or worst, depending upon your viewpoint) was debatable, but hardly a robbery.

Comment

Was Gato/Augustus this year? That was a bad one. as was froch/dirrell and cintron/martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
        Dirrell vs Froch!!
        Yep, by a landmile.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
          Diaz-Malignaggi was bad, but seemed to have taken on a life of its own mainly due to Paulie predicting beforehand exactly how it would go down.

I thought Martinez-Cintron was much worse - dude won by knockout and by rounds yet still wound up with a draw.

There was also an ESPN2 fight earlier in the year. I think it was Golden Boy's first card of the year on ESPN2. Chop Chop fought some prospect whose name I can't remember; I just remember the decision being so bad that even Oscar de la Hoya admitted on air that his kid got a gift.

Both of those fights were worse/more corrupt than any of the three listed, esp. Cotto-Clottey which at best (or worst, depending upon your viewpoint) was debatable, but hardly a robbery.
          Good call. Martinez-Cintron was a shame. Cintron didn't earn that draw in any way. Dude should write a book, "How I got a draw by losing 3/4 of the rounds and getting knocked out." That point deduction killed Martinez, but it shouldn't have. That was absurd.

Corley got robbed bad. I couldn't believe it. When the announced the scores, the guy should've just said, "Even though you won Chop Chop, we're going to give it to this kid because he's supposed to be undefeated so he can make money. I know it's tough, but you already have a bunch of losses, so what's one more right?"

Comment

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Cintron/Martinez. And I totally forgot to add Forch/Dirrell.

Comment

the first 2 werent robberies

Comment

Cintron-Martinez.......

Comment

Pernell Whitaker vs. JLR I. I never seen a fighter not win ONE round and still win the fight. No robbery worst then that. If there is, you have to look for a very very huge event that was a robbery.

Comment

Dirrell-Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      Pernell Whitaker vs. JLR I. I never seen a fighter not win ONE round and still win the fight. No robbery worst then that. If there is, you have to look for a very very huge event that was a robbery.
                      that wasnt this year, platano boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X