No announcement yet.

you guys are getting what you wanted...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
    you dont want the spence crawford fight, you all say it needs to marinate and make business sense (as if youve got your hands in the cookie jar) so this is what you will get, more one sided fights like horn and ocampos. obviously the thought of a competitive match up being made fairly quickly is such a shocking, radical idea for a lot of you.

I would have thought with the amount of guys around that division you wouldnt need to marinate a single fight for years and years, just fight the best available and then onto the next one, but this is the boxing fanbase in 2018 so obviously not.

Its safety first all the way. Its no wonder the promoters are so willing to serve up slop when you guys are all so keen to accept it, like fat kids at the canteen with your plates out asking for more servings of slop.

and what a way to build the fight anyway, two guys with zero animosity and charisma (and seemingly zero interest in talking up a fight) beating up scrubs, wow this fight is going to have huge mainstream appeal when it happens. i can feel the rivalry brewing when i hear lines like 'its got to make business sense' 'im gonna take care of my side of the street'.
    I disagree. I like both guys. A fight right now would do well but a fight between both of them after each has beaten a top contender would do extremely well. In fairness to Spence
    this was his manditory. Bud against Horn was a great idea. It raised Bud's profile, got him paid well and exposed him to an international audience.

Comment

you dont want the spence crawford fight, you all say it needs to marinate and make business sense (as if youve got your hands in the cookie jar) so this is what you will get, more one sided fights like horn and ocampos. obviously the thought of a competitive match up being made fairly quickly is such a shocking, radical idea for a lot of you.

I would have thought with the amount of guys around that division you wouldnt need to marinate a single fight for years and years, just fight the best available and then onto the next one, but this is the boxing fanbase in 2018 so obviously not.

Its safety first all the way. Its no wonder the promoters are so willing to serve up slop when you guys are all so keen to accept it, like fat kids at the canteen with your plates out asking for more servings of slop.

and what a way to build the fight anyway, two guys with zero animosity and charisma (and seemingly zero interest in talking up a fight) beating up scrubs, wow this fight is going to have huge mainstream appeal when it happens. i can feel the rivalry brewing when i hear lines like 'its got to make business sense' 'im gonna take care of my side of the street'.
      Why do you criticize boxers that use the ggg blueprint? You loved it when ggg beat up scrubs but hate it when Spence or Crawford does it.

We know why you do this so spare us all the 500 word opus where you try to hide why you’re being so critical. We all know why you’re upset.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Why do you criticize boxers that use the ggg blueprint? You loved it when ggg beat up scrubs but hate it when Spence or Crawford does it.

We know why you do this so spare us all the 500 word opus where you try to hide why you’re being so critical. We all know why you’re upset.
        When has golovkin deliberately marinated a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          I disagree. I like both guys. A fight right now would do well but a fight between both of them after each has beaten a top contender would do extremely well. In fairness to Spence
          this was his manditory. Bud against Horn was a great idea. It raised Bud's profile, got him paid well and exposed him to an international audience.
          One more fight is fine but are we going to see Crawford in with a top fighter next? My guess is, hell no. Will be an in house top rank scrub and bud will pretend he had no say in the matter. I also doubt porter/Garcia winner will throw themselves in with Spence straight after their fight either, especially if it's a war which it could be.

Comment

When has golovkin deliberately marinated a fight?
            All the times he took step aside money.

Comment

They should start fighting guys who haven't won a fight in 3 years and never had a fight at their weight class.

Comment

Marination process is to get casuals on board. If you are reading this you are not a casual.

Comment

These guys need to realise they aren’t household names, and a big money fight for them isn’t the same as it was for Pac/Floyd. They’d make more fighting early and having a potential trilogy that by drawing it out when neither of them are that big of a draw on their own.

Comment

Spence-Crawford is being built to be THE fight in a year and a half/ 2 years. It should make a lot of money for ALL parties involved. There's no way Arum/ESPN will risk Crawford at this point, and there's no way Al/Showtime will risk Spence at this point, for a fraction of what the fight would do down the road. That'd be incredibly dumb, and irresponsible on everyone's part.

That said, there are 2 other titles out there, so let's not pretend like there aren't other big fights to be made involving these 2, while we wait. The biggest issue, is that Errol has direct access to most of the other big fights, while we have no clue who Crawford will be fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      All the times he took step aside money.
                      because if he stripped cotto or canelo that would make them fight him even though the reason they are being stripped is cause they dont want to fight him. logic fail

Comment

Working...
                      X