No announcement yet.

Awesome Sonny Liston video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Sonny Liston vs. Iron Mike or Frazier was perfect fireworks brawl.
    liston would be too much for frazier imo. ppl assume just because frazier did well against ali he would do well against liston too, but i just don't see how frazier's style would work against someone like him. foreman & holmes have a decent chance, frazier no way.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Sonny Liston... The very essence of duality.
      Cold hearted thug on the street one minute, but responded in spades to the kindnest of guardian angels. Listened to the Catholic Priest that gave him a chance, always always always kind to children in a meaningful way and not just for the camera... Had a woman that loved him dearly, and a face for the ages...a very expressive face, something that real sociopaths seldom have actually. Sony knew real pathos and on many levels was a sensative human being, when he was not out busting heads at least.

One of our greatest fighters. Had the raw athletascism, dedication to the craft, and natural gifts all in one package. Sony had heart and felt betrayed.

To me in many ways Sonny Liston was the perfect heavyweight: he had the right size, such that even men that have more muscle today would not be a problem...he had the endurance and skill...But he also had what Ali had, and what George had and many great fighters had, and some didn't... Liston had a big ole chip on his shoulder, an anger, a fire inside that would not be quenched. The perfect size, the perfect fire pit where the blacksmith worked from inside the shell of a man and honed two anvils, a scowl, and the perfect carriage to carry them... We miss you Sonny!
      And excellent post, sir. I am a believer myself in men who are 6'0" to 6'3". Especially when they have hands the size of men 6'9" and Sonny's will to demolish.

I am cognizant of what the recent poster said, though--Sonny had a body that looked like that of a PED user, and that stuff started by mid 20th century.. As that same poster mentioned, Cleveland Williams was suspect, too. Look at their bodies. They have the appearance of super sized gymnasts.
      Last edited by The Old LefHook; 01-11-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Thanks for embedding. After all these years I'm still computer illiterate.
        Well I wouldn't know about that as I am definetely not an expert myself. I was thinking that you might be posting from a mobile unit and since I was on a PC I could embed it. As far as I know, you cannot embed from a phone. But then again what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Well I wouldn't know about that as I am definetely not an expert myself. I was thinking that you might be posting from a mobile unit and since I was on a PC I could embed it. As far as I know, you cannot embed from a phone. But then again what do I know?
          You guessed right. Haven't posted from a PC in years. Still appreciate it though. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X