Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't healthcare free in the U.S. georges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Why isn't healthcare free in the U.S. georges?

Reading up on this topic and am using Canada and UK as examples. I know it isn't technically free, as the costs does come from somewhere via taxes. I don't know the living costs there, but it can't be that bad compared to U.S. living costs.

Some people pay as much as $600/month for healthcare and never get sick.

Discuss.

Because it was sold to people as a tax burden instead of what it really would be..a cost saver in the long run. Preventative care goes a long way to curbing the cost of some advance stage diseases and forces health care providers and big pharmaceutical companies to negotiate which just won’t due. Can’t let those senators and congressional workers go without their lobbying dollars.

Comment

Op what the hell is a george?

Comment

Depends who you are in America, if you are poor or if you are old then healthcare certainly is free. If you are middle class, your healthcare is either mostly covered by your employer or you have to buy it in the market place. Pray that you aren't a small business owner who makes over 100K, with 3 kids, because then you'll get shafted hard.

Comment

How does is actually work in the US then?

If I am covered by my employer and I break my leg playing sport. I present at Accident and Emergency - what actually happens and when does someone appear asking for my insurance details. And who does that? A nurse.

Comment

Working...
          X