Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Does Boxing Get Sexy To Casual Fans Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casuals tune in to circus shows, they're not interested in actual good boxing matches.

They need a good guy and a heel to root for and against. The age old WWE recipe for success lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I support all variants of Jump Around. I like the way you think.
      and when that can't be done, I'm cool with the never remembered, yet historically epic House of Pain/Gang Starr collabo

Comment

I say, you need less divisions and 1 champion per division, go back to 9 divisions take out all the jr and super, only leave the Cruiserweight and the other 8 classical, and make tournaments to decide the number one contender per year, and the champ has to fight him the next year. I also like the continental champions that the have in europe, and the country champions that they have in the U.K is a nice way to develop young fighters first they become country champs, then european champs that would be nice too.

With these and stopping weight bullying, i think boxing becomes one of the most popular sports of the world, the UFC is becoming one doing all the same that i mention, boxing is much more exiting than the UFC for casuals better KOs and better action, more speed etc. And champions that stay in the top for almost a decade in the UFC that doesnt happen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by pds25 View Post
          I say, you need less divisions and 1 champion per division, go back to 9 divisions take out all the jr and super, only leave the Cruiserweight and the other 8 classical, and make tournaments to decide the number one contender per year, and the champ has to fight him the next year. I also like the continental champions that the have in europe, and the country champions that they have in the U.K is a nice way to develop young fighters first they become country champs, then european champs that would be nice too.
          Man I f#cking wish with this.

Yea I really wish there was 1 world champion again. And then a US, UK, Aussie, etc champs & lesser on champs like state & regional area champs that were more hyped. Thats one of the things I like about the UK scene. The British title means something for the promising guys who will go well beyond that level, but it also means a lot to the guys who's ceiling might be the British title. It'd be cool if every country had that sorta title hierarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Don't disagree with this. How do you turn this around doe?

And randomly I was actually pleasantly surprised at the GGG vs Canelo II closed circuit place I went to when I was next to this cat who was more well versed in boxing then I've ever encountered in my life outside of boxing forums.

Usually you ask who someones favorite active fighter is & they'll say Holyfield or some other retired guy & it gets awkward fast lol. Ask about someones favorite prospect & they look all confused & sh^t. This guy knew most of the guys we talk about daily which puts him in the top 99% of alleged boxing fans I've encountered irl.
            ****. Say you boxed shell loom

Comment

The number of divisions doesn't matter. Quite simply...champions need to defend 3 times a year. No holding out for oversized paydays and fighting once every 12 to 18 months. All mandatories need to be adhered to unless there is a unification. If you don't defend every 4 months or at least have a fight signed...you have to hand your belt in so that those who want to fight can fight. There are too many fake eliminators.

Comment

There needs to be more boxing on free to view TV. There was fights on free TV all the time in the 90s and casuals in the UK got to see real rivalry like Benn vs Eubank.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  The number of divisions doesn't matter. Quite simply...champions need to defend 3 times a year. No holding out for oversized paydays and fighting once every 12 to 18 months. All mandatories need to be adhered to unless there is a unification. If you don't defend every 4 months or at least have a fight signed...you have to hand your belt in so that those who want to fight can fight. There are too many fake eliminators.
                  Fighting more often would be a positive, but I do think less divisions is a positive to. There are far too many divisions & specifically far too many divisions no casual fan gives a sh^t about 99% of the time. There are 9 of the 17 divisions within 30lbs of each other (105-135). That makes no mfing sense to most people who don't care about fighters who weigh less than 147.

Comment

Working...
                  X