Haymon and Showtime killing HBO CELEBRATION THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime will go next, notice I didnt say Fox before brandishing me a hater

Comment

I don't understand. Does the TS have shares in Showtime or something?

Comment

i actually predicted this a few years ago over at ESB

oscar killed hbo when he pulled his whole power struggle move over richard schaefer....golden boy had it good....real good...and oscar was too tied to the old model of how boxer/promter/network relationship was supposed to work....he couldnt see ahead....see the new wave of what haymon was doing...and how the fighters liked it...

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Once they didnt resign Floyd Mayweather it was over for them. Then they decided rather emotionally to ban all Al Haymon fighters, forcing Haymon to create the PBC. They did this to themselves.

holy shit...your ass is still here and using normal font

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
            So boxing was better off without pbc is what you’re saying.
            US boxing desperately needs a dominant league. PBC is the best chance for that to happen. If you're a US boxing fan, PBC is the best thing to happen in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Showtime will go next
              You're so ****ing stupid. Showtime just signed the biggest boxing deal of their existence. They spent tens of millions to bully HBO out of the boxing business. Showtime won. Now they get to reap the rewards. Why the hell would they leave boxing when they just tripled down on boxing and it's been such a huge success for them?

Comment

so top rank killed hbo?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  i actually predicted this a few years ago over at ESB
                  Yep! I remember. And you're one of the only ones here that didn't call me crazy when I said PBC was going to bully HBO out of the boxing business.

That's the wonderful thing about history. We can go back and see which posters have been proven wrong over and over and which posters have been proven right. All the trolls that fight with you end up looking horrible a few years later when you go back and read their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    US boxing desperately needs a dominant league. PBC is the best chance for that to happen. If you're a US boxing fan, PBC is the best thing to happen in a very long time.
                    Damn one of the worst things ive ever seen from a so called boxing fan. GO USA! GO USA! Same with every sport, America throws the toys out of the pram if they aint on top. "We'll start our own league" "YEAH YEAH", "We'll wear helmets and watch loads of adverts" "**** Yeah America!"

Comment

Simply put Al Haymon put HBO out of business. Now Showtime is the premier and last premium Cable network left on television. This way they don't have any more competition.

Therefore, now they have more leverage than ever before because fighters would be more inclined to get more exposure and publicity on television as opposed to fighting on the internet where they will become less likely to find.

Comment

Working...
                      X