Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Badou Jack did not knockdown Jean Pascal. Pascal deserves the decision.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Badou Jack did not knockdown Jean Pascal. Pascal deserves the decision.

I personally think that Pascal fell due to fatigue/off balance/momentum in the 12th, and not as a direct result of a punch.

Pascal won a close decision, and he deserves it.
    Knockdown
    71.43%
    Fatigue/Off balance
    28.57%

Wasn’t a KD at all, but if the ref calls it, then the scorecards have to reflect it.

So I guess in that regard, the universe gave pascal the close win. I didn’t score it myself because I’m a big fan of pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Wasn’t a KD at all, but if the ref calls it, then the scorecards have to reflect it.

So I guess in that regard, the universe gave pascal the close win. I didn’t score it myself because I’m a big fan of pascal.
      I also thought it wasn't but then in the slow motion I saw a punch right in the chin before the KD. I think it was valid.

Comment

At second viewing I don't think it was a KD. Either way, in real time you can't blame the ref for calling a KD.

Comment

Without the KD Jack still won on my card 114-113. All it does is give Pascal 1 extra point by taking the KD away.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            I personally think that Pascal fell due to fatigue/off balance/momentum in the 12th, and not as a direct result of a punch.

Pascal won a close decision, and he deserves it.
            I saw it live and thought it was not a KD.

Then watched the repetition in slow motion and there was a punch. At least that's what I saw. Maybe we should see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              I saw it live and thought it was not a KD.

Then watched the repetition in slow motion and there was a punch. At least that's what I saw. Maybe we should see it again.
              Live I didn’t notice it. Will watch a replay.

Comment

Vlad_ put this video timestamped as first post. It clearly shows Jack landed a right hand and caused the KD. 48:13:

At 48:51 you can see it again from other angle. Right hand seems to land on the neck.

Also Pascal didn't complain at all. But the video settles it.

Do you still think Pascal deserves the decision or does it make it a draw for you?
                Last edited by _Maxi; 12-29-2019, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Imagine a world where people purposely throw themselves on the canvas after getting rocked. No knockdown. That will be the new tactic for running out the clock if you don’t call it a knockdown.

Comment

He went down because he got hit. You could make an argument that he might not have gone down if he wasn’t simultaneously throwing a punch but I think that point would be moot. Like arguing that you got hit while off balance so the kd should not count.

Comment

Working...
                    X