No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    In other words .. "Because of initiatives like the Clean Boxing Program, I can no longer use the PEDs I depended on to get my body in shape throughout my career.

And after the stink thrown up by the blatent corruption surrounding my last 2 fights I can no longer depend on my promoter bribing judges and referees when I'm forced to fight tough opponents."

Good riddance to this cheating ****. Boxing will be better off without him.
    You wish wack-man. Hope he comes back to beat your favorite fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      people don't read my **** because it makes them feel inadequate. i've never been a fanboy of any fighter on bscene. ever. got that **** out of my system in my teens before internet posting was even really a thing on a major scale.

they're biased, i am not. might make me sound big headed, but i'm just a better poster and boxing fan than almost everybody here.
      I remember that about 5 years ago you were rooting for Ward...

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        My guess is he wanted an outrageous sum of money while he was shopping around for a new promoter and no one was willing to give him what his inflated ego thinks he deserves. RocNation who I am sure now regret signing him was not going to pay him what he wants, Arum certainly was not going to pay him what he wants, TMT and Golden Boy will not pay him what he thinks he is worth. Now I am sure HBO will cut him loose as a commentator. They were keeping him on hoping he would resign as an HBO fighter and they do not need yet another analyst. Plus why put up with such an as*hole if he is not going to box anymore. So out of stubbornness and pride and ego he has retired thinking its boxing's loss not his. But he is wrong.
        No dude your wrong, ALL WRONG.

Comment

• Well damn. Although not really surprising & I think many cats were calling this outright.

Respect to Ward & what he accomplished, but as always with a boxer who's under 50 retiring.....I'll believe it when I see it. Just like I'm not THAT surprised with this move I won't be THAT surprised if this is a ploy to get that bigger payday or something that he'll re-consider in a year or three when he feels he gots a thing or two more to prove or there is some sexy payday looming.

Wish Andre success outside of the boxing ring.

Comment

• wow I'm shocked didn't see that coming. If he doesn't have the desire no shame taking walking away with all his facilities in tact. He made his mark on the sport and made good money. But also I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being like Floyd and is really just a long vacation and at some point someone doesn't offer him crazy money or a great challenge doesn't pull him back into the ring. Or he could just get bored a year from now from not fighting and return.

Comment

• Great time to retire. Just beat the top light heavy twice. We all knew wouldnt fight Stevenson, Beterbiev etc.. I'd rather see him retire with a great win then fight Bellew at HW or some other joke fight

To all the sensitive females complaining about cheating: I bet none of you conplained when Maidana or Hatton cheated. Also shouldn't you be upset with the ref for not penalizing him?
              Last edited by Sp0rty Cr@ig; 09-21-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• i dont think he's dumb enough to come back!!! good for him!!!

just hope he avoids commentating on fights because he puts people to sleep.

Comment

• He’ll be back if and when there’s a big enough fight. The problem for him is his fan base/star power in general is way too small for someone in his position. More people in the US know of Triple G and Joshua, and maybe even Crawford and Wilder. Simply just wasn’t in the right place at the right time and didn’t have the right personality/team to be picked up around the states without knocking everyone out the way Floyd has. Canelo draws with non Mexican fans because he knocks guys out.

Only scenarios I can see right now where he fights again is if someone around his size beats Wilder, or if Triple G beats Canelo in the rematch and moves up two weight classes. Maybe in two years?
                  Last edited by BoxerDood; 09-21-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Please, he'll be fighting inside of 6 months.

Comment

• Great career. The guy was a class act. To beat Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Dawson, and Kovalev. Man! Amazing. Never the most talented guy but his IQ and toughness was as good as any.

Salute you Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X