Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    1000 patricks must be tough for you bro

Yah I'll check it out bro

Is that star wars game like a first person shooter orrr?

YES and NO! You can switch to your preferred POV on the fly (first/third person).

The game is a FPS in nature BUT again, not really. For example, in one game mode, you are a Jedi/Sith and you take on 8 other players by yourself. You get to use lightsabers / jedi/sith powers and such. This game is the the funnest /most dynamic game I have ever played . And the best looking gave I have ever seen. :3some:

This is how it looks on PC (and the console isn't far behind either for real):

http://imgur.com/a/GinWK

Comment

• Predictions

Austin Trout
      Cotto’s experience gives him a bit of an edge but Canelo’s youth, strength and size is going to give him the fight in my opinion. I’m rooting for Cotto though.
      Freddie [Roach, Cotto’s trainer], I’m sure, has a good game plan. I’m not sure Cotto will get stopped.
      In a sense, he’s a different fighter but they said the same thing when he teamed up with Pedro Diaz. Before I beat Cotto they were talking about how he had new legs, and then after I beat him they said he wasn’t fit or whatever. But he does look good now.
      Canelo gasses in fights, his output drops dramatically in fights so if it goes to the later rounds Cotto has a chance.
      Cotto’s biggest weakness in this fight is the scarring on his face, he’s really beat up and he gets cut and swollen easily.
      Canelo needs to bust him up early, start fast and strong – that’s what I did against Cotto, I started fast to build the points up. For Cotto he needs to box early and finish strong.
      It’s a great fight for however long it lasts.
      Pick: Canelo

Andy Lee
      I’m going against convention in that I think Cotto will win. He can use his experience. With Freddie Roach and even before that, he’s been fighting off a rhythm, he uses his legs, bouncing round and he closes the distance quickly. Cotto is a left-handed orthodox fighter so he has a great jab, he stays low and jabs high. I think he’ll frustrate Canelo and win a points decision. Canelo is the stronger, bigger man, but I think Cotto will use that against him. Cotto can box and move around and win the fight. We trained together for the two fights he had with Emanuel [Steward]. He’s a very nice guy, very respectful, but very quiet – I didn’t get many words out of him!
      Pick: Cotto

Joe Calzaghe
      That’s a tough fight. It’s two fighters I really like and at the end of the day I love Cotto but I think youth and size will be the key for Canelo. That’s the difference. I’d love to see Cotto do it but I think the size difference will be too much. Their styles mean they’ll probably go toe to toe so I think weight and size and youth will take over and Canelo will win.

Chris Eubank Jnr
      It’s a great fight and I’m a big fan of both fighters. Cotto’s getting on though and Saul’s fresh. You can never count out someone like Cotto though and you have to love fighters like that who never give up and give it their all. It’s a question over how Saul will perform at middleweight as, obviously, he’s not a natural middleweight. I think he’ll win though.

Carl Froch
      It’s a great little fight that. Canelo’s the young gun and Cotto’s the experienced veteran but he’s past his best. It’s a tough one but I see Canelo doing him on points, I don’t see him stopping Cotto. Unless Cotto gets really old overnight I don’t see him getting stopped. Cotto’s been around for so long, I can’t believe he’s still fighting. These people live and breathe the sport. I think it’s time for the young gun to take the armour. Cotto’s a good technical fighter, he gets hit but he’s got a good defence so I don’t think he’ll get stopped. Canelo’s rough and tough and very strong. It’s going to be a good fight, Cotto will box a bit but he’ll stand and have a tear up. It’s a real treat for the fans. It’s a really close one though.

Joe Gallagher
      Canelo has no footwork. If Cotto can revert back to the clever movement he’s used in the past, I fancy him to nick it on points but he’ll have to survive a late and dangerous onslaught from Canelo. But you’ve also got to think about Cotto’s facial scarring, he’s been in a lot of wars and cuts could become a problem for him in the fight. Freddie Roach likes his fighters to be aggressive but if Cotto walks forward all the time he’ll play into Canelo’s hands, so I think he’ll box and move.

Scott Quigg
      I’m picking Cotto. I think he has too much experience and, more importantly, too much boxing IQ. Look what Floyd Mayweather did to Canelo, he schooled him and I think Cotto will do the same. They’re fighting at 155lbs, but Cotto’s fought at a catchweight of 157lbs in his last two fights – he knows Canelo is tight at the weight so that’s why they’ve made it 155. He’s a very smart man.

Shane McGuigan
      I’m going for Canelo. He’s too big and Cotto’s best days were at 147lbs in my opinion. He’s getting on a bit now as well and to beat Canelo you need to move a lot, I don’t think Cotto will be able to keep that up. It’s still a great fight though.

Tony Bellew
      I’m a huge Miguel Cotto fan, but I think Canelo wins this one. He’s too big and has the youth advantage as well, but also he sets his shots up so well. Cotto is a warrior and won’t back down but I think that helps Canelo, I think he’ll break Cotto down and stop him.

Adam Booth
      I see Alvarez winning. I hope it’ll be a good fight to watch but I can see it being one sided.
      Since joining Freddie Roach I don’t think Cotto has been in a defining fight that shows dramatic improvement of late. He flattered to deceive against Sergio Martinez because the champion was shot to bits and Daniel Geale simply didn’t offer any resistance.
      Now he’s facing the fighting freak that is ‘Canelo’ Alvarez who’s still only 24 years old. Not only is Alvarez a fighter of the very highest grade, he’s the naturally bigger man. I see him being too big, too young, too strong, too fresh. I’d not be surprised if ‘Canelo’ stopped him.
      VERDICT: CANELO

Billy Joe Saunders
      Cotto’s a true warrior; a crippling body puncher and an underestimated technical boxer. But he’s starting to slow down and his defence has always been leaky. He’s there to be hit.
      ‘Canelo’ can either box or stand and trade and he’s gonna be too big and too fresh. He’s the true middleweight here. There’s a compactness about him. Cotto’s a bit short and ain’t a genuine middleweight. If he were, he’d not keep insisting on these catchweight fights.
      It’ll be a very good fight in stages but I expect ‘Canelo’ to control from the off and to stop Cotto late.

Brendan Ingle
      I see a very thrilling fight between two great fighters. At this elite level neither can afford to make a mistake until the last bell rings.
      I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again in the future but I see Cotto causing a surprise here. Everyone knows he’s very tough but he’s also very clever and brings unexpected movements. I see him winning a close decision or possibly by stoppage due to cuts.
      VERDICT: COTTO

Frank Warren
      One thing I’m very confident of is that it’ll be a great, great fight for BoxNation subscribers. Whenever Mexico comes up against Puerto Rico there’s always a lot of pride and machismo involved.
      Miguel Cotto is a good, good fighter who appears to have rediscovered his mojo since moving to Freddie Roach but his age is against him.
      ‘Canelo’ is something special. People forget that when (Floyd) Mayweather mugged him, Alvarez was forced to boil down to an unnatural weight (152lbs) and he’s always been tight at light-middle anyway. I see him having too much for Cotto at this stage and think he could even stop him after half way.

Liam Smith
      This can’t not be a good fight. Stylistically, they’re two of the very best to watch. I don’t believe I’ve seen either of them ever hold. It’s gonna be unbelievable.
      And, you know what, I’m gonna go with Cotto, probably on points. Too many have written him off too soon but he’s enjoying a new lease of life under Freddie Roach. He holds an edge due to the experience from all the big fights he’s previously been in and I just see him ‘old manning’ Alvarez, similar to how Floyd Mayweather did.
      VERDICT: COTTO

Steve Collins
      Cotto’s a very good fighter but he’s been beaten several times already. People have worked out the formula to beat him. The blueprint is out there. ‘Canelo’s’ lost just the once to Floyd Mayweather when they messed him about a bit with the weight.
      Alvarez is the bigger, stronger man. I expect him to prove too good on the night and to win inside the distance.

Paul Butler
      What a cracking match-up. I really hope Cotto can pull off an upset but I can’t see it. I think the miles will finally catch up on him.
      Cotto’s had some good wins of late but he’s forced middleweights to boil down. Alvarez looked sensational against (James) Kirkland and I fear he’ll be too big, too young, too fresh, too sharp. I expect ‘Canelo’ to win by stoppage somewhere near the round ten mark.

Comment

• Lennox Lewis
        “I’m picking Cotto over Canelo because he has the most experience.”

George Foreman
        “It will be a battle of wills as they are evenly matched. In my opinion, things will start to separate after that. Canelo Alvarez punches like a mule. Cotto just doesn’t have the heart to run; he will stand to fight after six rounds and by the ninth round he’ll most likely be KO’D by Canelo.”

Tom Loeffler
        “It should be a great fight between two champions and two proven warriors. The edge goes to Canelo as he is younger and physically bigger than Cotto, however you can’t count out Cotto with Freddie Roach in his corner. Tom sees it as Canelo by decision, and Gennady thinks Canelo will stop Cotto late.”

Larry Merchant
        “Old Sayings, ‘Youth must be served.’ Canelo, 25, by TKO in round 10. Old Sayings also say, ‘Great fighters always have one great fight left in them.’ Cotto, 35, by decision.
        Canelo was lulled, listless vs. Mayweather; true grit vs. Kirkland. Cotto re-dedicated and restored himself vs. so-so opposition. Therefore, I’ve got Canelo.”

Julio Cesar Chavez
        As Mexican, logically I’m rooting for Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez. I also lean towards him for his youth, strength and hunger for winning the fight.

Ivan “El Iron Boy” Calderon
        If Miguel follows his style of blocking a giving at the same time, he could surprise. But I as things are looking, I have to lean towards Canelo.

Sugar Ray Leonard
        “I like Cotto for sentimental reasons and for what he has meant to the sport and boxing fans! Canelo has developed and grown along the way and taken to school against one of the best in Mayweather. If Cotto becomes that Miguel Cotto I remember, he will win by a smart, technical and fearless decision.”

Dan Rafael
        Cotto is a great fighter who will be in the Hall of Fame someday but Canelo might join him there eventually and he is 10 years younger and whole lot fresher. Boxing is usually a young man's game so I am going with Canelo by a late knockout.

Kevin Iole
        Canelo by decision. A lot of people lost faith in Canelo after he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Mayweather did that to a lot of fighters. Alvarez is a supremely gifted fighter who has learned a lot since that fight. He punches well with both hands and is increasingly putting his punches together well. He’s the naturally bigger man and has youth on his side. Cotto’s late-career resurgence has been fueled, in part, by less than stellar opposition. Sergio Martinez was at the end of the line when they fought. I greatly respect Cotto, and he’s going to make it a fight, but I think the bigger, younger and stronger man will win it.

Steve Kim
        In what I believe is a very evenly matched fight, I think youth will eventually prevail and I'm picking Saul Alvarez to edge Miguel Cotto in what will be a hard-fought contest that will see pockets of great action and swings in momentum.

Amir Khan
        I don't think Cotto can deal with youth, strength and speed of 'Canelo

Roberto Duran
        For me, Canelo Alvarez is the new star of boxing. He has youth, he has power. And despite already losing once, he is fine. Miguel Cotto is no longer in his prime and I'm positive Alvarez is going to win this fight

Joe Cortez
        This is a fight that will please fans […]. It’s going to be very close, but I align myself with Cotto winning by divided decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
          Golovkin has the flag wavers sick with his honesty. Dude gets MASSIVE props for not following in line with the rest of the tools who wouldn't care about Cotto if he wasn't of PR decent lol(really though, they wouldn't). Props!
          Thanks bro!!

BTW I am still rooting for Rhode Island Cotto because I go way back being a BIG fan of his (up until this coward chapter) and this is Mexico vs PR after all. The PRican in me is feeling that fire for this fight. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is a disgraceful scared coward at least with the Golovkin situation. It is what it is.

Comment

• I think Canelo UD's Cotto

I am super stoked for this awesome bout however I do not see Cotto winning this one.

The people who are on the "Cotto has resurged to tip top form thanks to Freddie Roach" bandwagon fail to realize it's easy to look like you are back to tip top form when you have been taking easy catchweight fights.

Cotto vs. Rodriguez= Rodriguez plain sucks. This was a fight to make Cotto look great.

Cotto vs Maravilla= Sergio had no legs, came off of a long layoff filled with injuries surgeries and age decline. Easy win for Cotto.

Cotto vs. Geale= Geale sucks. Geale easily quit vs. Golovkin in the 3rd round. Geale looked terrible and drained vs. Cotto.

That's 3 easy catchweight fights that made Cotto look great. But realistically the facts are that he's way past his prime, he lost to Austin Trout easily and has since been made to look good and he has also come up short in every important big fight he has against top guys.

Unless Canelo absolutely gasses out by round 4 I do not see anything in Cotto's past prime arsenal that can stop Canelo. Canelo is hungry, strong, quick with great combos. After this fight everyone will see that Cotto is the same Cotto he was 2 years ago before Roach.

Im not a Cotto nor Canelo fan but this fight is a solid scrap.

Comment

• My Unbiased Opinion on Cotto/Canelo...

I really only see two outcomes to this fight:

Outcome 1: Canelo is able to trap Cotto and lands big in the early rounds causing a cut or hurting him badly. This would then cause a systematic breakdown which would end in a Canelo win. Going off of Cotto's history I do not see him getting KTFO, it would be more of a slow beat down, if that. Yes I know that anything can happen in boxing, but if Canelo wins I am 98% sure it will be this way.

Outcome 2: Cotto outboxing Canelo to a UD. As we all know Canelo's footwork isn't the greatest and this could be a huge factor in this fight. If this outcome is to come into play I can see a few exchanges here and there, but in the end most rounds going to Cotto.

Fighter Advantages
              Power: Canelo
              Speed: Same (Canelo has fast combo's and Cotto is fast with jab/counter)
              Hunger: Canelo (younger and more to gain as for Cotto who is almost out the door)
              Footwork: Cotto
              Experience: Cotto
              Overall boxing skills: Cotto

With the above said, this is a great fight and is something fans have been waiting for. I for one will being going for Cotto, but wouldn't mind seeing Canelo take home the W.

BTW, some of you are probably thinking that I cannot have an unbiased opinion if I am Puerto Rican, but I did have May over Cotto and even Mosley over Cotto when they fought. I'm a boxing fan first guys, yes I know it's hard to believe here on NSB.

Now for whoever wants to bet, get at me. I have some virtual money to win/loose!

Comment

• Comment

• I think Canelo is the better outside boxer but Cotto is the more versatile guy. It will be an interesting fight because Cotto is best when he is on the offensive and Canelo is at his best when the other guy is coming at him.

I have favored Canelo because I think he is the naturally bigger guy and with talent being roughly equal that should make a difference. Plus Canelo is the younger fresher man who should be more hungry so those intangible positive lean toward Canelo.

Comment

• u have a purto rican flag in ur sig....

i wonder if that had any influence as to why u picked cotto as the better overall boxer??

canelo is way more slick and defensively poised then cotto is

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X