Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Face It; Fury Is This Era's Buster Douglas...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buster grinded his way up the ranks thru fighters like Berbick, McCall, & Tucker, while fury weaseled his way to a title shot by beating no-names, outside of Dereck "the UK punching bag" Chisora and *Light Heavyweight Steve Cunningham. (Who incidentally knocked Fury down early in the bout but lost being overwhelmed by size late in the fight.)

I think Fury is a train wreck all his own & Buster will be remembered for the greatest upset in heavyweight history.

Comment

I think alot of people forget the Mike Tyson that was in the ring that night against Buster, was not the Mike Tyson of 1986-1988. He was the Mike Tyson that Don King ruined.There was no Cayton or Atlas looking out for his interests and keeping him hungry in the ring.Tyson was a mess and somewhat a shell of his former self by the time the Douglass fight happened.I didn't realize how bad he had slipped it at the time but suspected something was off about him.
      Add the fact that Buster was a great talent when motivated,then you had the perfect storm of what happened that night.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Oh Boo Hoo Hoo!

Not.

I have no idea what the rep power on this board is, nor do I care.

What I do care about when I come here is A) good info and B) amusement.

You DO provide B on occasion (mostly by accident) so I guess I can admit I am glad to see you back.

I would say try to behave, but I think my 4 year old nephews have a better attention span.

Here's to you being back for however long it lasts this time.

Do you mind if I start a pool with an over under on your next banning?
        I don't give a rats ass what you start. The only reason I've been banned is because I didn't know about thunderdome. I'm here to stay this time

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
          ...and at least Buster actually knocked his HOF opponent out.

I like Tyson.

But it is looking more and more like what he did was a one time fluke.

Will he ever get back in decent enough shape to reclaim his lineal crown?
          I kinda get the comparison as both careers are only notorious due to one fight however there are BIG differences:

1. Douglas was proven not to be at elite level in the following fight with Holyfield with Holyfield he’d also already showed us his ceiling in previous losses against guys like Tucker. Conversely, Fury has not fought since the Wlad and has also never been defeated or convincingly exposed.

2. Douglas beat Tyson in an up and down war and was on the brink of defeat by in the 8th. Whilst Fury completely outboxed Klitschko and looked comfortable during every second of every round.

I do agree Fury is wasting away his prime, I’m sceptical myself whether he’ll ever get back into the same physical and mental condition ever again. Only time will tell I guess.

Comment

At least Buster gave us a good, entertaining fight when he KOed Tyson.

Fury beating Wlad might have been the worst heavyweight fight I have ever seen in my life, ever.

Comment

Not really. He hasnt lost before or after the Wlad fight so he’s a question mark.

Comment

Working...
              X