No announcement yet.

Let's talk about investing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    I have a Roth, but I'm not maxing out because I spend too much money on stupid ****. I think I'm only putting something like $2,000 per year in.
    That's better than nothing.. it all adds up

Comment

Bought some mks instruments MKSI today..

Semi conductor sector..

Highly recommend it... earnings going thru the roof, but unlike other semiconductor stocks it is trading on a cheap evaluation..

Also watching micron and cypress semiconductors but need to follow them more closely before buying..

Bought some amazon, quite a bit, over the last 6 weeks or so.. and then boom 7 straight all time highs.. bought at the 950, 1050, 1200, levels.. wont buy any for awhile until the PE comes back under 300.

Valuations are getting very high right now and a bubble is forming

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Bought some mks instruments MKSI today..

Semi conductor sector..

Highly recommend it... earnings going thru the roof, but unlike other semiconductor stocks it is trading on a cheap evaluation..

Also watching micron and cypress semiconductors but need to follow them more closely before buying..

Bought some amazon, quite a bit, over the last 6 weeks or so.. and then boom 7 straight all time highs.. bought at the 950, 1050, 1200, levels.. wont buy any for awhile until the PE comes back under 300.

Valuations are getting very high right now and a bubble is forming

What do you think of putting money into homebuilders such as DR. Horton and Lennar? Especially with millenials entering their nesting years in the next 15 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          What do you think of putting money into homebuilders such as DR. Horton and Lennar? Especially with millenials entering their nesting years in the next 15 years or so.

I tend to stay away from house builders, just because it’s so cyclical, so I don’t follow that sector very closely.

Millenials won’t be buying many homes as previous generations. they have horrible saving habits, dwindling well paying jobs, and will never gather up enough for a downpayment on a NEW house.

I can suggest finding the builders that build townhouses, condos, apartments. That’s were millinenials will end up most likely.

Maybe you can buy an ETF that covers the house builders sector. Direxion has an etf that covers just builders, I’m sure there are others. That may be your best option instead of trying to pick individual companies in the sector.

Comment

Property, property, property. Then rent and use a portion of that money to invest.

Depending where you live buy a relatively inexpensive home and rent it out. Price the rent to cover the cost of your mortgage plus 35%. Then invest 50% of that rent payment.

Comment

I tend to stay away from house builders, just because it’s so cyclical, so I don’t follow that sector very closely.

Millenials won’t be buying many homes as previous generations. they have horrible saving habits, dwindling well paying jobs, and will never gather up enough for a downpayment on a NEW house.

I can suggest finding the builders that build townhouses, condos, apartments. That’s were millinenials will end up most likely.

Maybe you can buy an ETF that covers the house builders sector. Direxion has an etf that covers just builders, I’m sure there are others. That may be your best option instead of trying to pick individual companies in the sector.
              Agree with this.

Comment

That's what i'm leaning towards Ali. And true about the millenials lol I forgot to put "supposedly"

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Just remembered this book. There is a lot of good basic & beyond investing advice in this book. And I think Robbins just came out with another companion book to this one this year although I've not read that one so can't vouch for it.
                  Dude looks like a worm

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
                    Correct me if I am wrong but can't you withdraw money for special purchases? Say down payment on a first house.
                    Actually I just found out that in a ROTH IRA you can pull out anytime what you contribute taxfree, you just can’t pull out gains.

So if you contributed 15k and it’s worth 25k, you can pull out up to 15k for free.. your gains will will taxed if you pull out anymore unless you in retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X