[Shocking] Tommy Hearns has a net worth of $50,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Shocking] Tommy Hearns has a net worth of $50,000

How the hell did this happen?

Clearly Manny Stewart was taking millions from him and milking him for far too much. It's disgusting one of the greatest 147lbers ever is worth as much as the average middle class American when he made tens of millions in his career.

Try not to speak ill of the dead but **** Stewart for stealing from the Hit Man.

Or he was terrible at managing money and having the right people around him. As are most people who get punched in the face for a living

Comment

tax issues I believe. Happens with most boxers after retirement.

Especially when tax stuff is deferred. You'll be retired for two years with a significantly smaller income, then get a tax bill from a couple years back.

Comment

He's been broke for years. About a decade ago, he had an auction where he sold all of his stuff. This is including his boxing memorabilia.

It's very unfortunate. However, every time I hear of Tommy Hearns money troubles I'm reminded of that one Boxingscene poster who used to mow the lawn in the rich neighborhood Tommy Hearns used to live in. When it was time to mow Tommy's lawn, Hearns walked out and told the Boxingscene poster to get on before he whipped his ass...Hmm. Wonder if that guy still posts here.

Comment

How can your trainer rob you? You pay him, not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            How can your trainer rob you? You pay him, not the other way around
            When a boxer is broke it is always someone elses fault. No way they just blew through it all thinking the big pay days would last forever.

Comment

This is the case for a lot of fighters. I imagine Hearns is still better off than most.

Comment

Not everyone invests right and there is no knowing what kind of cash moves he’s doing cause they only count assets he could just have a cheap property. They also didn’t have million dollar paydays back then unless you were the A side of every big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  This is the case for a lot of fighters. I imagine Hearns is still better off than most.
                  Net worth of 50k is pretty frugal.

Most of us haven't had millions to blow through so I dont think most of us would've made that mistake.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

i heard tommy had a massive entourage of hanger on losers so theres a big hint where some money went, sad because he earned every penny an exciting great fighter who dodged no one.

Comment

Working...
                    X