No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua vs Alistair Overeem july 2008 in the UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua vs Alistair Overeem july 2008 in the UFC

Just saw this on facebook. Any truth to this? Btw is this guy anygood ?

No one gives a f#ck about The Reem anymore for him to be getting talked about in some cross promotion between sports fight. If Joshua was gonna fight anyone from the UFC it'd be Stipe Miocic who KTFO of the Reem & is the current UFC HW champ. Thing is he used to box amateur & took a L to Bryant Jennings in the Golden Gloves so idk that people would buy him competing vs the HW champ.

There is this giant mfer who moves well for a giant mfer named Francis Ngannou who I think is potentially sellable in some crazy cross promotion fight with Joshua, but he's still gotta beat Stipe or whoever is the UFC champ when he gets his title shot + keep looking as impressive as his been looking before thats even a thing that anyone gets behind in any real way & even then it'll be a longshot to go down I imagine.

Comment

Overeem got put to sleep by Stipe Miocic.. And Badr Hari sparked him out. AJ would flatten him and why would AJ who's one of the biggest athlete in the world go fight a nobody in UFC..
      Last edited by NahMean; 09-05-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I doubt Joshua is that stupid. He seems to be a clever guy, knowing what's best for him. Also, if anything, he would face Lesnar, because the money would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
          I doubt Joshua is that stupid. He seems to be a clever guy, knowing what's best for him. Also, if anything, he would face Lesnar, because the money would be better.
          that seems like a good match up

Comment

Overroids has everything an MMA fighter needs apart from a good beard. Really good all-round I mean he is an absolute monster he just has the most pathetic excuse for a chin you're likely to ever see. Calling it glass would be an insult to glass.

I'd rather see Stipe personally if we are to see AJ vs an MMA fighter. He's the current UFC HW champion has knocked out Overroids and actually has a legitimate boxing background.

Comment

Do you think any of these dudes would actually stand vs joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                In a boxing match or MMA? That would actually be a million times worse than Mayweather/McGregor as a boxing match. That roided up hulk monster would get decapitated by AJ and they'd be finding pieces of his skull all over Britain for centuries to come

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  No one gives a f#ck about The Reem anymore for him to be getting talked about in some cross promotion between sports fight. If Joshua was gonna fight anyone from the UFC it'd be Stipe Miocic who KTFO of the Reem & is the current UFC HW champ. Thing is he used to box amateur & took a L to Bryant Jennings in the Golden Gloves so idk that people would buy him competing vs the HW champ.

There is this giant mfer who moves well for a giant mfer named Francis Ngannou who I think is potentially sellable in some crazy cross promotion fight with Joshua, but he's still gotta beat Stipe or whoever is the UFC champ when he gets his title shot + keep looking as impressive as his been looking before thats even a thing that anyone gets behind in any real way & even then it'll be a longshot to go down I imagine.
                  Volkov is getting better every fight--Frances hasn't even fought any kind of contender and a shot arlovski is nothing. Volkovs resume is abit better as one more win gets him a title shot. He's a 6'7 russian dude

Frances is a beast though

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    Volkov is getting better every fight--Frances hasn't even fought any kind of contender and a shot arlovski is nothing. Volkovs resume is abit better as one more win gets him a title shot. He's a 6'7 russian dude

Frances is a beast though
                    Francis looks the part thats for sure & if he does what he's been doing vs the better guys the hype on him is gonna get nuts. Kinda like with Joshua. He was fighting stumblebums for awhile, but when he started doing the same thing his hype got insane.

I don't buy the hype with that Volkov guy. He's got a good run with the UFC, but he's been around for awhile & has lost to some rather bland cats in Bellator & he damn near lost to Tim Johnson ffs.

I'd take Francis all day vs that guy. Hopefully that fight gets made soon as both guys are on the rise & lotsa mfers are sidelined right now so that legit could be next for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X