No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    Of course Lara is more accomplished than guys like Monroe and Wade, but as far as general recognition he is no different.

Golovkin's next fight will be Canelo (unlikely), Jacobs (unlikely), Saunders (more likely) or Eubank jr....which is hard to complain about considering other times when Golovkin had no options whatsoever to step in the ring with him. I wouldn't mind the Lara fight, but only to shut up a few morons on here when he gets blasted in 2 rounds.
    Ha Wade had 1 TV fight coward. Lara has been on ppv, HBO, ESPN, Spike TV and he headlines tommorow. Golovkin is simply a fraud.

Comment

The man been calling about GGG for 2 years now just like he was calling out Sergio Martinez years ago and it was being ignored.

Yeah if you can fight guys like Wade and Willie Monroe Jr, why not Lara?

Comment

Make it happen please! Someone should call Loeffler asap. Forget Canelo, Saunders, Jacobs, these guys are not interested.

Make the offer after the Vanes fight. It's about time.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          The man been calling about GGG for 2 years now just like he was calling out Sergio Martinez years ago and it was being ignored.

Monroe = $100k
          Wade = $500k
          Lara = $1.5 million or more

and all 3 sell about the same number of tickets..... basically zero

but hey, if they can find the money, then fine. I'd love to see Lara get knocked into the 3rd row.....

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Monroe = $100k
            Wade = $500k
            Lara = $1.5 million or more

and all 3 sell about the same number of tickets..... basically zero

but hey, if they can find the money, then fine. I'd love to see Lara get knocked into the 3rd row.....
            Well yeah Lara will have to be Paid, not sure how K2 or HBO Expect GGG to become a Star if they can't put up the money to get QUALITY OPPONENTS to come fight him

Comment

Well yeah Lara will have to be Paid, not sure how K2 or HBO Expect GGG to become a Star if they can't put up the money to get QUALITY OPPONENTS to come fight him
              I agree with you in theory, but not as it pertains to Lara.

Sure, a Lara fight might shut up some of the yapping NSB posters (who will immediately find something else to yap about), but it does absolutely nothing to further the "star" making process, because 99.9% of casuals couldnt pick Lara out of a lineup. To the casuals, beating Lara is no different than beating Wade, Monroe, or Rosado......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                I agree with you in theory, but not as it pertains to Lara.

Sure, a Lara fight might shut up some of the yapping NSB posters (who will immediately find something else to yap about), but it does absolutely nothing to further the "star" making process, because 99.9% of casuals couldnt pick Lara out of a lineup.....
                I don't know about that, destroying the guy who many think Canelo lost to you make a HUGE STATEMENT!

I don't think people will make a big deal about Lara coming from Light Middleweight that is only 1 weight class down and not 2 vs a a guy with a a **** chin and no Power
                Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Comment

I don't know about that, destroying the guy who many think Canelo lost to you make a HUGE STATEMENT!

I don't think people will make a big deal about Lara coming from Light Middleweight
                    that is only 1 weight class down and not 2 vs a a guy with a a **** chin and no Power
                    haha you give this forum WAYYYYY too much credit lol

Comment

The boxing world is ridiculous sometimes. Why the bloody hell should Golovkin go look for Lara?

If Lara wants the fight it's real easy to accomplish. Move up to MW and beat a few guys. That's how Golovkin got mandatory status vs. Canelo. He worked for it. He escaped his Universum contract, moved to another country for the 3rd time and beat people in order to advance his career. Lara hasn't done ****. He's rematching a SWW.

All Lara has done (or as most people believe, it's his manager and not him), is throw insults on social media while telling Golovkin's manager to call him. That's not how the world works. The challenger goes looking for the champion, not the other way around.

If Lara wants Golovkin then do something about it instead of running his mouth like a little b1tch. End of damn story.

Comment

Working...
                      X