Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fury Wilder fight wasn't a robbery. Fury had his chance to win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Fury dominated. Sometimes nothing happened but he was controlling that too. He won 35 minutes of the fight basically.

At a push being an inept judge you can give Wilder 4 rounds and he still loses by two. I personally felt Fury won 10 rounds, 9 at least.
    The KD obviously give the fight a closer look on the cards. I gave Fury 9 rounds. Wilder did absolutely nothing apart from the 12th round. Even the 9th round that I scared 10/8 to Wilder he was getting outbox in that round too. And even if we score 4 rounds to Wilder then it would be 114-112 in Fury’s favour. This is a fury that isn’t even fully fit IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
      Making it count while the electricity in your apartment is still on I see!

Look, no one expects you to understand this, but Fury took a giant risk
      You don't know what type of risk he took "in the red" armchair alt. You're in the red because NOBODY respects a degenerate like you, lmao. Crawl back under this confident scared alt. I bet the original, cowardly account picked Wilder lol...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        What on Earth are you talking about, Fury didn't do much punching and really didn't land much of note for long stretches. That makes it hard to win fights. People bring up Mayweather or Hopkins but they usually landed more clean clear shots than what Fury did with their spoiling.

You think Fury won fine whatever but it is pretty easy to see how this ended up as a draw.
        Fury was landing clean crisp shots, while Wilder was hitting nothing at all, literally nothing.

He boxed as a counter puncher. He limited Wilder to standing there occasionally trying to throw a right hand, and he countered wonderfully.

You could just see him severely out thinking Wilder, and Wilder wasn't picking up on what happened.

There was a round, I forget which one, where Wilder blocked a right hand up stairs with his left. Next time Fury attacked, he threw a right hand to the body. I told the people watching with me, how Fury just did that to get Wilder to bring down his guard a bit so he could slot that right hand in over the top of it.

Fury was smart, he didn't do it right away, he waited a bit, and then slotted it right in. He fought a really textbook, smart fight.

Had that been Floyd, many of the people who thought Wilder did anything in the fight, would be praising Tyson Fury for the masterclass he put on.

Ill be honest, I knew he was a spoiler that could move, but I haven't really followed his career, and I was in the camp that Wlad beat himself, and that Tyson Fury got lucky that night.

I was wrong, a lot of us were wrong. Tyson Fury is an incredibly intelligent, boxer with a remarkably complete skillset.

He really made Wilder look like an Amateur, and not a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          The KD obviously give the fight a closer look on the cards. I gave Fury 9 rounds. Wilder did absolutely nothing apart from the 12th round. Even the 9th round that I scared 10/8 to Wilder he was getting outbox in that round too. And even if we score 4 rounds to Wilder then it would be 114-112 in Fury’s favour. This is a fury that isn’t even fully fit IMHO.
          Wilder will probably try and duck him now but that would benefit Fury too. He has to see Fury again because he was humiliated by him but Fury being 30 and probably 2-3 fights away from regaining his old form and fitness will just dominate him even more then.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            and he blew it for two reasons. Even though he was making Wilder miss, for 2-3 rounds he was inactive. Inactivity and didnt capitalize on Wilder being gassed. That alone is enough to score it a draw or in favor of Wilder on some people's cards-not mine.

I did have Fury winning by a point, but when the 12th round sounded, I told my boys that It'll be a draw. All Fury had to do was jab his way to a win like he did against Wlad in the 12th and he got caught.

I commend Fury on getting up. I thought he was gone. Fury had the belt in his hands. I can see someone scoring this fight a draw. Fury didn't dominate the early rounds. He dominated some of the middle rounds. The rounds he won were clearer than how Wilder won minus the knockdowns.

I hate to say it but I kinda figured that they would score it a draw before the fight. Boxing has become about money. It was all about the rematch.

Wilder gassed himself going for the ko. I actually thought that if Fury pressed the action he could've stopped Wilder. He finally walked in on Fury and landed. When I say walked in I mean he abandoned his own defense to land hard on Fury. Furys mistake was he didn't go after Wilder. His jab was on point, his combos were on point...and then he became inactive. In other words Wilder's rounds that he won weren't just from the knockdown rounds. Furys inactivity also hurt him a bit.

So I put the fault, on Fury strategy wise in the championship rounds, not heart wise. He had it in the bag and gave Wilder a chance to earn a draw. Fury had Wilder so dead in the 12th that I thought that even though he was down I'm like he can ko Wilder if he's steps on the gas. He never did. I'd watch the rematch.

100% agreee. You are a smart man. Fury let Wilder off the hook and should got him out of there or atleast really broke him down . But to Fury’s credit he went through hell to even make it to this fight , we don’t know if he had enough in him to really turn it up so he played it safe because it was working. But wilder didn’t deserve to last the whole fight , he should have been stopped

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Fury was landing clean crisp shots, while Wilder was hitting nothing at all, literally nothing.

He boxed as a counter puncher. He limited Wilder to standing there occasionally trying to throw a right hand, and he countered wonderfully.

You could just see him severely out thinking Wilder, and Wilder wasn't picking up on what happened.

There was a round, I forget which one, where Wilder blocked a right hand up stairs with his left. Next time Fury attacked, he threw a right hand to the body. I told the people watching with me, how Fury just did that to get Wilder to bring down his guard a bit so he could slot that right hand in over the top of it.

Fury was smart, he didn't do it right away, he waited a bit, and then slotted it right in. He fought a really textbook, smart fight.

Had that been Floyd, many of the people who thought Wilder did anything in the fight, would be praising Tyson Fury for the masterclass he put on.

Ill be honest, I knew he was a spoiler that could move, but I haven't really followed his career, and I was in the camp that Wlad beat himself, and that Tyson Fury got lucky that night.

I was wrong, a lot of us were wrong. Tyson Fury is an incredibly intelligent, boxer with a remarkably complete skillset.

He really made Wilder look like an Amateur, and not a good one.
              No he was not in any way landing anything real consistently and while Wilder didn't land much either he was the one pressing the action early on. IN rounds where there is not much in it between the two guys that often gets a guy the nod.

Now if you want to say Fury won cool, he was the better boxer and he was the better boxer going in so this was the risk for Wilder. I think people are over blowing what he did to a degree but he certainly could have won the fight. A lot of what you said is true because he did make Wilder looks bad, but what did he really do with it for long stretches would be my point I don't think he did much, I think he could have easily done more and won a lot of rounds by a mile he could have possibly won by an inch.

I think a draw is fair in the end really.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                The 115-111 score for Wilder is what has people pissed and rightfully so.
                That card was dubious, but I just chalk it up as he had Wilder winning. The others were more on par with how we saw the fight. Both had Wilder down going into the twelfth. It was there for Fury. It was right there for him.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderous1 View Post
                  100% agreee. You are a smart man. Fury let Wilder off the hook and should got him out of there or atleast really broke him down . But to Fury’s credit he went through hell to even make it to this fight , we don’t know if he had enough in him to really turn it up so he played it safe because it was working. But wilder didn’t deserve to last the whole fight , he should have been stopped
                  You can make a case that both could've been stopped. But the one thing that fans can't analyze or use analytics on is their determination, will, heart and desire. Both showed it last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    You don't know what type of risk he took "in the red" armchair alt. You're in the red because NOBODY respects a degenerate like you, lmao. Crawl back under this confident scared alt. I bet the original, cowardly account picked Wilder lol...

I really hope you can pay this n9nths bills... if your electricity and internet get cut off, i'll really miss your posts.

I know little tricks like you will run off once you get too much praise, but i'm not strong enough to play it cool... I gotta say it .. you're posts are almost as hilarious as Marchegano's. Really, I nearly die with laughter. Please keep them coming as long as you can!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      No he was not in any way landing anything real consistently and while Wilder didn't land much either he was the one pressing the action early on. IN rounds where there is not much in it between the two guys that often gets a guy the nod.

Now if you want to say Fury won cool, he was the better boxer and he was the better boxer going in so this was the risk for Wilder. I think people are over blowing what he did to a degree but he certainly could have won the fight. A lot of what you said is true because he did make Wilder looks bad, but what did he really do with it for long stretches would be my point I don't think he did much, I think he could have easily done more and won a lot of rounds by a mile he could have possibly won by an inch.

I think a draw is fair in the end really.
                      Could he have done more? Yes of course, but he had a very dangerous puncher infront of him.

How many fights did we see Floyd in where he was in 100% control, could have pushed for a stoppage if he wanted too, could have done more, but didn't.

Boxing isn't about could you have done more. Fury was smart enough to do what he needed too, so he would have the energy reserves in the later rounds to do something like get up from the monstrous knockdown.

And yes Fury fought a slow spoiling fight, but he also caught wilder with many head snapping 1-2 combinations right down the middle.

The only real punch Wilder landed all night were the ones that put Fury down.

Comment

Working...
                      X