Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum Offers Terence Crawford And Vasyl Lomachenko to Mikey Garcia Instead of Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    It's hard to devise a better strategy to maximise his income, and like you say there's always a risk, but he's either gonna be giving up a lot of weight to Spence and Bud or he'll have to drop a lot to reach Loma at 135 in a coupla years time... that's one thing in your 20s but can be a whole other story when you're 31, 32 - at least from what other fighters say. I think if he were to fight Spence and Bud the Loma fight would have to take place at 140 minimum.
    There is always risk, but at some point, the risk doesn't make sense in terms of your long term health, and your career.

Hypothetically, if he makes it through spence competitively, and loses he can come back down ( how well he does that is yet to be seen, but history says it usually doesnt work out so well ).

If the plan is to fight Spence, Crawford, then Loma. That wont happen.

If he is turning down the Crawford then Loma offer from Arum, provided its legitimate, to fight Spence, and he does well vs Spence, even in losing, he isn't getting the Crawford fight.

The Crawford fight would be on the table first from Arum because Crawford has moved up to 147 and is comfortable enough at the weight, that Mikey Garcia moving up to 147lb for the first time is disadvantageous enough for him to make Arum feel like its a good fight to make.

If Garcia is competitive with Spence, its more than likely the Crawford fight is something Arum is no longer willing to make.

If Garcia gets beaten down, again, he is not getting a Crawford or Lomachenko fight.

Topranks success hinges on Arum keeping both of his stars looking great in every outing, and a Garcia that just came off a beating is not a fight anyone would want to see right away.

If anything, Arum would offer him Lomachenko to make Garcia drain back down to 135lb. Which was clearly the strategy in offering him Crawford at 147lb then Loma at 135lb.

Arum offering 2 fights, is clearly him saying, you are a risky fight to take, so I need to make money off of 2 of your fights to make it worth it to put you in with 1 of my guys.

If Mikey were moving up to face Danny Garcia, or Thurman, or Porter, I'd be in 100%

But he is moving up to face the current class of the division, who is a bit of a weight bully who realistically, could be fighting at 160lb right now without problems.

There is an old axiom in boxing, a great big man, always beats a great little man.

Spence is a great big man, Garcia is a great little man.

I just hope he doesn't end up damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      Both those fights are better than Gacia vs Spence
      Why in the hell is Crawford vs Mikey a better fight than Spence vs Mikey????? Please don't tell me it's because Spence is a giant welterweight because that is not true. Crawford weighed a reported157 pounds on fight night for Horn. Spence weighed a reported 156 pounds on fight night for his last fight. So who is the huge welterweight. Mikey called out Spence loud and clear because that's the fight Mikey wants next the most. Was Spence supposed to say no to the biggest money fight of his career because Mikey is smaller. Mikey chose him not the other way around. Mikey beat the hell out of Broner but if Spence was fighting Broner everybody would be OK with that fight. It looks like Mikey is fighting Spence next and anybody who doesn't like it is out of luck but they don't have to watch the slaughter. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Fat boy Garcia no balls to fight Loma.

Comment

Mikey saw what happened to his big homie Jose. He wants no part of Crawford since the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Fat boy Garcia no balls to fight Loma.
            Spence is a bigger challenge, other fighters should follow his lead and dare to be great. I dont see Lomo wanting the best at 147.

Win lose or draw give Mikey his dues,Spence is a hell mountain to climb for a LW.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Bob Arum Offered Mikey Garcia a potential fight with Terence Crawford as an alternative to Errol Spence, and told him he'd get Vasyl Lomachenko afterwards regardless of whether he wins or loses to Crawford.
              ... just where and when Arum did offer this???
              I didn't find this "offer" in the news...

... on another hand: Al Haymon made Spence vs Garcia a PPV fight on FOX and placed it at AT&T Stadium...

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Why would he take on Crawford opposed to Spence? Pretty much the same thing there. Sure, Spence is bigger but Garcia is an underdog in both fights. And both would be on PPV anyways, so not sure why that fight was even offered. And Garcia can fight Lomachenko regardless after the Spence fight if he wants.
                Yep. The only difference is Crawford will beat his ass for 12 rds while Spence will beat his ass for 8 rds and he'll get paid a whole lot more for the Spence ass whooping

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  How about he tries to actually work with Haymon instead of these sham press releases that mean nothing. That might actually produce some real results.
                  He doesn't even know if Haymon really exists, remember.....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    I doubt it. Not unless they lose and aren't as useful. The lines have been drawn and I think Arum's gonna get squeezed. He is impressive though. People still believe his BS after all these years.
                    It's like people forgot Arum said he won't negotiate with Mikey for the Lomachenko fight. It's a take it or leave it offer. And that was only a couple of months ago

Comment

Bob just to copy what Eddie Hearns is doing with Josh Kelly right now you can see Eddie is moving Kelly to go after Thurman. Just put one of your guys (Besputin) in that spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X