No announcement yet.

is boxing effective in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldschool5 View Post
    Lets me and you reply to it! We'll bust up in CHi-town like we own it. I'll bring my Super Blaster Nerf gun and we can wreck some peoples health!
    Hell yeah!

Comment

Not if I pull my piece out on yall.

KO 1.

Comment

IMO boxing or any martial art is effective in a street fight vs. common opponents who have no training in any combat art. Things get different though if you're outnumbered, or are facing against an opponent with a weapon (esp. a gun), or if your opponent is also a skilled fighter whose style has advantages over yours.

Comment

Originally posted by miamijohn View Post
          Yes 100%. Getting off first and knowing whats coming at you with being able to sense danger can end someones night real quick.

Hopefully someone dont get you from behind or suckers in a good blow with a weapon.
          Hes been in street fights. Emphasis on being able to sense danger.

Comment

Most people in a street fight don't know how to fight, they are drunk as well....its a rhetorical question since any one who has basic ability to fight will have the advantage in purley skill. Knowing boxing also will know how to defend round house/ hook punching which will be thrown,i highly doubt any one here has fought a pro boxer / MMA fighter in the street so learning to defend against wild swings and combat it against a bumbling fool with boxing itself will make it much easier even if you happen to be one yourself that night.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-20-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Sure, it works for Street Fighters. It worked for Balrog.

Comment

Working...
              X