Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sullivan Barrera More Durable Than KOVALEV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sullivan Barrera More Durable Than KOVALEV?

Seeing how the Krusher struggled with Chilemba and as BostonGuy said that he's not the same anymore... gotz me thinking:

Barrera vs Kovalev is a good fight.

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
    Seeing how the Krusher struggled with Chilemba and as BostonGuy said that he's not the same anymore... gotz me thinking:

I wanna see Kov fight again before passing any judgment.This is a mental thing more then physical so it just comes down to how tough he is mentally.But that being said its really tough a lot of times for these "killer types" to get over being beat esp being stopped.

Comment

Kovalev will krush Barrera's weak chin.

Comment

no did you see how barrera reacted to wards low blows? he was on the canvas crying or as ward fans and tony weeks would say "he quit" kovalev took tons of ward low blows and never reacted like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Kovalev will krush Barrera's weak chin.
          Barrera is a way better form than Chilemba. Surely Shabranskyy's camp found out about the hype of Kova's body shot durability...

Curious Duva's angle though. If Kovalev loses, does she have Barrera next for the shot hence the co-main

Comment

Barrera is a way better form than Chilemba. Surely Shabranskyy's camp found out about the hype of Kova's body shot durability...

Curious Duva's angle though. If Kovalev loses, does she have Barrera next for the shot hence the co-main
            I think Duva wants to make Bivol-Barrera first. Then have the winner unify with Kovalev. Duva promotes all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              I think Duva wants to make Bivol-Barrera first. Then have the winner unify with Kovalev. Duva promotes all 3.
              Bivol is with Duva? I think you're confused.

Duva is saving Barrera for the WBC. Barrera vs Bivol for the WBA Super belt is what should be next. Duva feasting on the WBO opportunity. Browne needs backing for the WBO. WBC will take longer

Comment

Duva is saving Barrera for the WBC. Barrera vs Bivol for the WBA Super belt is what should be next. Duva feasting on the WBO opportunity. Browne needs backing for the WBO. WBC will take longer
                no bivul is not with Duva your right.But I think that's what is next he is bivul mand I think.

Comment

Just because BostonGuy said Kovalev is not the same anymore doesn't make it so. It's just an opinion and not a fact. Kovalev's next fight should answer questions about how good he is now. I expect him to be just as good as ever. I don't think he struggled with Chilemba unless by that you mean he failed to knock him out. He beat Chilemba by a wide margin. It wasn't a close fight at all. Ward beat Barrera very easily but Ward had no easy time with Kovalev. Kovelev is much better than Barrera and would knock him out in my opinion. There are other light heavyweights from Eastern Europe and Russia with a better chance to beat Kovalev than Barrera.

Comment

Yes, Bivol works with Duva and they are likely looking at Bivol-Barrera first.

If Bivol wins on Saturday and contender Sullivan Barrera defeats Valera on Nov. 25 in an HBO-televised bout on Kovalev's next undercard, they could meet because Barrera is Bivol's mandatory challenger. That's a fight Bivol and his team are interested in. Bivol would prefer to concentrate on Broadhurst, but did offer, "I know the WBA said the winner of the fight on [Saturday] will be making a mandatory defense [after that]. Yes, I'm ready. I will be ready if I will be the winner."

Vadim Kornilov, Bivol's manager, said the fight with Barrera is of interest to them. Barrera is promoted by Main Events, which Bivol is working with when it comes to his American fights, so it would be a relatively easy match to make and one HBO is interested in.
                    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...eight-division

They don't have a contract but Main Events is his de-facto American promoter.

The undefeated Russian is handled by manager Vadim Kornilov and assisted by Main Events, although there is no promotional deal with them.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-bi...-belts--122166

Comment

Working...
                    X