No announcement yet.

Is Turkey the lamest Boxing country?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    If you're referring to Floyd's Mask f/k/a Mirko Troll Cop, he won't care because he's not really Turkish.
    What do you mean lad?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Sam Langford and George Dixon are two all-time greats. Canada population is less than half of Turkeys also.
      And you also got decent guys like Lemieux, Pascal, Stevenson.

Comment

Avni Yildirim is pretty good with 16 wins.

Comment

Yildrim was supported by Turkish people, and the turkish dudes were really loud on the Eubank fight until Eubank sparked him out and then a riot ensued.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            And you also got decent guys like Lemieux, Pascal, Stevenson.
            Pascal and Stevenson are Hation.

Murat Gassiev is more of a Turk than they are Canadian even has a Turkish 1st name.

Comment

I was thinking that. They have never produced one soccer player that considered top class either. Yet much smaller nations like Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium has. None of their teams has ever won the major tournaments either.

I think you may be right.
              That's not true.

Hakan Sukur was the top scorer of the 98' World Cup, the tournament where Turkey won bronze medal at.

Ozil is originally Turkish too.

Edit: it was davor suker (for some reason I always mix suker and Sukur lol), and the tournament they finished 3rd at was in 2002 lol. Regardless, Sukur was still a very good player.
              Last edited by Szef; 11-19-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

1960's. Probably the best of that time pound for pound.
                You are a boxing historian bud, cool info

Comment

I think boxing was banned in Turkey for 30 some years
                  Traditional Wrestling and olympic Wrestling or kickboxing are more popular combat sports over there
                  They don't have the experience nor the system like Former communist countries US or UK

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
                    India, China, Spain?
                    India doesn't box.

Spain had Castielljo, Campillo and some lesser known title holder in the 60s so not much but more than Turkey.

China yeah just Shiming which is still better than any Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by Commie View Post
                      I think boxing was banned in Turkey for 30 some years
                      Traditional Wrestling and olympic Wrestling or kickboxing are more popular combat sports over there
                      They don't have the experience nor the system like Former communist countries US or UK
                      I searched wiki and didn't see anything on a boxing ban. I read the Turkish federation was founded in 1924, and operated under the Turkish wrestling league until the early 40s.

I did however read that Turkey has banned T.V. dating shows, Minecraft, and parts of the internet

Comment

Working...
                      X