No announcement yet.

Ward: The only thing I'm thinking about right now is Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Ward-Golovkin doing that kind of PPV number would surprise the hell out of me. I'm not even sure Alvarez-Golovkin could do half a million anymore.

ward would need to beat kovalev convincingly, and golovkin would need to knock canelo out. i think the fight would do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      ward may never fight on premium cable again. i really believe that. the guy will only take easy tune ups on hbo, which i think HBO will realize now don't build ward into a ppv star, or massive PPV purses. golovkin and kovalev are the big ones.

that's just me reading between the lines when he says that he will only focus on kovalev. ppv or nothing. wave a 2 million dollar tune up in fornt of him and he might bite, but hbo knows that won't pay the bills down the road.

i'm actually starting to think the golvokin fight happens in a year and a half or so. kovalev was unkown that fight lost money. golovkin is a bigger star than ward is. much more casual / crossover fanbase. ward - golovkin may sell half a million ppv, and it's certainly less of a risk to fight what looks like an aging middleweight than it is to fight a LHW of equal ability and in his prime
      Little G will get decapitated if he takes the Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
        Little G will get decapitated if he takes the Ward fight.

no he won't. styles make fights.

did ward decapitate abraham?
        miranda?

these are former middleweights, mind you. did ward decapitate them?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          no he won't. styles make fights.

did ward decapitate abraham?
          miranda?

these are former middleweights, mind you. did ward decapitate them?
          I'm not talking about Abraham or Miranda???

I'm saying that Ward will decapitate Lil G.

Comment

I'm not talking about Abraham or Miranda???

I'm saying that Ward will decapitate Lil G.
            cause ward hits so hard doesnt he who was the last fighter he knocked out?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              cause ward hits so hard doesnt he who was the last fighter he knocked out?
              Charles Martel, what has it got to do with when he last knocked anyone else or previous opponents??

Comment

Charles Martel, what has it got to do with when he last knocked anyone else or previous opponents??
                it means theres no basis on what wards shown so far in his career, that he would knock out golovkin, a guy whos never been down in his career. Just means your talking ****e basically.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  it means theres no basis on what wards shown so far in his career, that he would knock out golovkin, a guy whos never been down in his career. Just means your talking ****e basically.
                  So by your definition, Joshua will knock out Klit in 4 rounds then?

Comment

That's what I'm saying boss. Kovalev won the first fight in probably 100% of non-American eyes. No way they'll let him win the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      What? Did you not watch the first fight where he didn't knock him out and arguably won the fight?

unless you mean he knows he will never get a decision over Ward no matter what he does...
                      That's what I'm saying boss. Kovalev won the first fight in probably 100% of non-American eyes. No way they'll let him win the second.

Comment

Working...
                      X