• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more names to your p4p sore loser list:

Bernard Hopkins
    Antonio Tarver
    Winky Wright
    Luis Collazo

By the way, as for calling Cotto a sportsman, he wasn't so sportsmanlike when he ran out of the ring claiming he was robbed in the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Glen Johnson is another one who thought he never lost a fight.
      It was sad but funny when he claimed he won against Bute. That told you he could probably get stopped and still claim robbery. Does he think he was robbed against Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by myxmlcigar View Post
        Why is anybody surprised by Marquez’ incessant whining? After all, it’s been his MO for his entire boxing career. When Morales and Barrera were the stars of Mexican boxing, Marquez was an unrelenting crybaby about being underappreciated by his own countrymen.

Mexico has a long history of amazing champions with fans appreciating aggressive action fighters that have “huevos” and bring the action. JMM’s counter-punching style is counter to this heritage, which is why he was predominately ignored during the Morales/Barrera era. By the time the 1st Pac/JMM fight rolled around, Pacquiao had already been labeled the “mexecutioner.” Mexican fan’s needed to rally around somebody – anybody that could put up a good fight against the typhoon from the Philippines. This is the ONLY reason why Marquez has a fan base.

Marquez will never be a Morales, Barrera, and certainly not even in the same league as Chavez. The fact that he even brings his own name into contention in the 2nd installment of 24/7 demonstrates the level of narcissism that JMM has cultivated.

JMM will whine about this loss, as he does with most every loss. Yes, it’s great to win, but knowing how to loose gracefully is a true test of a man’s character; of which JMM has none.

Instead of taking Yoga, Marquez needs to take a 101 class is sportsmanship followed by a 102 class in human etiquette. I feel sorry for the son that he is raising. He seems like a bright kid, but the apple never falls that far from the tree. So when the kid goes off the college and get’s a bad grade on a crap essay, you already know he’ll start whining like the old man. It’s a learned behavior!

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those that make excuses for everything that is wrong in life – this extends to finances, marriage, careers, and obviously sports. And those that are accountable for their success and failures. We already know which one Marquez is. Which one are you?

Bradley won the fight. Marquez needs to show some class and grace in defeat.

Pound for Pound Sore Losers

1. Juan Manuel Marquez
        2. Amir Khan
        3. Pauli Malignaggi – although he’s one helluva commentator!
        4. Carl Froch

Pound for Pound Sportsman

1. Miguel Cotto
        2. Manny Pacquiao
        3. Andre Ward (although he’s never lost, I don’t see him being a crybaby)
        4. Lucas Matthysse
        A well constructed post. I agree that he has this personality of a sore loser. Even in training we saw how he has a temper tantrum over what is quite a small misunderstanding with Memo. I can imagine Manny Pac is that situation joking and laughing...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          It was sad but funny when he claimed he won against Bute. That told you he could probably get stopped and still claim robbery. Does he think he was robbed against Hopkins?
          That was pathetic....Glen once said his only true loss was the fight against Hopkins.

Comment

Marquez is a B fighter who can up his game to A level at times when he faces real competition he doesnt deliver :crybaby:

Comment

Agree with everything you said except Cotto being number 1, I think Manny is and I like Cotto and don't like Manny. I give Cotto a pass for no interviews after the Margarito fight (hospital) and the Mayweather fight (scorecards and he put up a great fight) but against Trout just walking out like that... He has given one interview after a loss and that was Manny. I <3 Cotto but he can be a little b*tch as well.

Comment

Lol at miguel cotto not being a sore loser the dude runs backstage crying and refuses to do interviews, pacquiao is the most humble i've seen in recent years oh and ortiz he just smiles after he gets koed

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
                  Not only is JMM a sore loser, but he's a poor winner too
                  Very true. The way he's refusing to fight PAC is pure a55hole. PAC gave him a few rematches, but marquez quits after one win. **** marquez. I'm so glad he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Glen Johnson is another one who thought he never lost a fight.
                    and he's right Glen Johnson never lost

Comment

Marquez is a warrior and one of the best of all time but I agree he needs to learn to lose graciously.
                      The Pac fights were all close so I see where he was coming from but Bradley clearly won that fight. He would have done himself a lot of good for just congratulating Bradley on a great night.

Comment

Working...
                      X