No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Nelson Discusses His Experiences Abroad, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Johnny Nelson Discusses His Experiences Abroad, More

It’s 1990 and Johnny Nelson strolls in at 5am one morning after a night out in Sheffield with his wife. Five hours later he’s on a flight to Berlin about to be used as live bait for the best that German boxing has to offer.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good read. Thanks for this.

Comment

Johnny Nelson is long forgotten...like Lloyd Honeyghan and thats a real shame.

Nelson suffered great downs at the beginning of his career but look at what he achieved with hard work. Defended that WBO belt god knows how many times.

Comment

I respect the man for what he has achieved in boxing but i dont like him on Ringside. I think he tries too hard to speak posh and therefore struggles to get his words out correctly and makes him look very awkward. Then again sat next to Adam Smith probably doesn't help him. I think he needs to loosen up a little on Ringside, saying that i would absolutely love to see Irish Steve Collins hosting that show, could listen to his opinions on boxing all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          Johnny Nelson is long forgotten...like Lloyd Honeyghan and thats a real shame.

Nelson suffered great downs at the beginning of his career but look at what he achieved with hard work. Defended that WBO belt god knows how many times.
          against god knows who.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            against god knows who.
            Does that even matter?

The more Title defenses you have the greater you are is what I heard.

After all more automatically>>>less, right?

Evnader Holyfield was a good Crusierweight but he pales in comparison to Nelson because obviously Nelson has way more Title defenses.

Comment

Working...
            X