• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    If Milla Jovoich is in it, il watch it.
    lol she's beautiful

watch the movie, it's awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      Wow, really? I hated that film. Paranormal Activity and Lake Mungo are two recent horrors in that documentary style that I thought were better.

dude Paranormal Activity was wacked...and fake...this movie's actual footage alone sets it apart from any i have seen

people levitated FFS...insane movie....i was very impressed

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        dude Paranormal Activity was wacked...and fake...this movie's actual footage alone sets it apart from any i have seen

people levitated ehh? and you call that actual footage? I'm sure some is and some is fabricated as all and I mean all based on real events movies have it for dramatic effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
          people levitated ehh? and you call that actual footage? I'm sure some is and some is fabricated as all and I mean all based on real events movies have it for dramatic effect.

watch the movie then talk

Comment

Lol Fourth Kind is fake too.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              Lol Fourth Kind is fake too.

ok SG....aliens dont exist and documented accounts dating from the 60s in Alaska alone were just made up

and that Paranormal Activity was better

Comment

• Oh' Brother Where Art Thou?

Love this movie. Its so original compared to the same stuff that comes out now. Dont really have time to explain a whole lot of it but it takes place in the early 1900's with Georgle Clooney, Tim Blake Nelson, and John Turtorro as escaped prisoners looking for a treasure. It is based on 'The Odyssey' and directed by the Coen Brothers check it out

Comment

• The Forth Kind

I will watch it when it gets to streaming on netflix but after reading review after review about it I am not convinced its any good. Heres just some of what I have found on this movie.

"This movie stumbled out of the gate by hanging most of its fear power on a fundamental dishonesty. There is no "archival footage." There are no "actual case studies." Instead, we get badly-acted, blatantly fake documentary footage which fuzzes out whenever anything alien happens. There is some interesting editing, where filmmaker Olatunde Osunsanmi shows the fake footage split-screened alongside a reenactment of the fake footage and you feel like you're either watching 24 or some kind of weird art-school critique of documentary realism. Unfortunately the ashen fake/real Tyler is such a bad actress, and her CGI-widened eyes so "alien," that you wind up with the sense that Osunsanmi and crew thought audiences for this movie would be so monumentally stupid that they would fall for anything.

I'm not against fake documentaries. I loved Paranormal Activity, which was effective because the actors seemed so effortlessly real. Nothing felt stagey or artificial about that movie's "documentary" evidence.

What pushes Fourth Kind from the merely bad into the actually insulting was the filmmakers' insistence that the documentary evidence was real. Actors from the "documentary" portions of the movie are uncredited, and many media outlets are still reporting that the footage is real. There was even an ill-fated Web campaign to create false professional credentials and publications for Abigail Tyler, but after investigative reporter Kyle Hopkins revealed them as fakes they were taken down. Here's what Hopkins wrote:

Try Googling "Abigail Tyler" and "Alaska." You'll get a link to a convincingly boring Web site called the "Alaska Psychiatry Journal" - complete with a biography of a psychologist by that name who researched sleep behavior in Nome. Except the site is suspiciously vacant, mostly a collection of articles on sleep studies with no home page or contact information.

Another site, www.alaskanewsarchive.com, features a story from the Nome Nugget about Tyler moving to Nome for research. The problem? The story is credited to Nugget editor and publisher Nancy McGuire, who says it's baloney and she never wrote it.Both the news site and the medical journal site were created just last month, according to domain-name research sites. Ron Adler is CEO and director of the Alaska Psychiatric Institute. Denise Dillard is president of the Alaska Psychological Association. They said this week they've never heard of the Alaska Psychiatry Journal, or of Abigail Tyler.

So basically the movie's fakery was so badly done that people involved with the movie didn't even bother to create a convincing "Abigail Tyler" website that they could maintain once the movie came out."

Read whole article here: http://io9.com/5397359/the-fourth-kind-is-a-hoax

Comment

ok SG....aliens dont exist and documented accounts dating from the 60s in Alaska alone were just made up

and that Paranormal Activity was better
                    Paranormal Activity at least built up some kind of tension. I'm not a fan of the faux documentary horror trend myself anyway, both films were crap to me. Lake Mungo is good though. Not that scary but the plot is pretty good.

Also, I'm not sure whether you're joking about the footage in Fourth Kind being real. Both Abbey Tylers were actresses. The footage in Fourth Kind is about as real as that footage Michael Bay caught of the Transformers.

Comment

• Transformers was fake?

Comment

Working...
                      X