No announcement yet.

My PS3 got the YLOD the other day!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
    i've had my N64 for 13 years and i still play it. ****er works like new.
    Yeah, still got a working N64 as well, although it isn't my first one.

My understanding is that the simpler design+lack of moving parts is a big part of the reason why older consoles are more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Yeah, still got a working N64 as well, although it isn't my first one.

My understanding is that the simpler design+lack of moving parts is a big part of the reason why older consoles are more reliable.
      Yeah its the same with mobile phones.

Comment

Damn, thats tough luck Lock especially since I play with you sometimes and can often use a good teammate.

Yes, the PS3's sometimes break down but lets not make this a 360vsPS3 thread.

Also of all my systems the only one that never FULLY break down was my 360's. My original Nintendo still works although even when I was a kid I remember having to blow into the cartridges and fiddling with the system to make it work but eventually it does work.

Sega-Genesis still works as well as my ps1 but my ps2 cd tray open close mechanism broke about a month before the PS3 launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
          Damn, thats tough luck Lock especially since I play with you sometimes and can often use a good teammate.

Yes, the PS3's sometimes break down but lets not make this a 360vsPS3 thread.

Also of all my systems the only one that never FULLY break down was my 360's. My original Nintendo still works although even when I was a kid I remember having to blow into the cartridges and fiddling with the system to make it work but eventually it does work.

Sega-Genesis still works as well as my ps1 but my ps2 cd tray open close mechanism broke about a month before the PS3 launch.
          I had a SNES and some games would take ages to get working, the joy of getting a game to work after 15 minutes of pushing the cartridge in and pulling it out was better than playing the damn game.

Comment

Just to let you know, i eventually spoke to a supervisor, they won't budge on the fee, they say that is a compromise already and its policy. But i refused to pay it and that was it.

Comment

I bought a 20 Gig PS3 pre-owned and it has been rock solid. I've left it on for several days at time, until that burning plastic smell would stink my room up, it still runs great after all that punishment. I suppose it depends specifically on the quality of each individual system. Some people get defective system that may not be apparent at first, but the problems may be latent.

Do you have the slim or one of the previous models?

If you don't have the slim, you should maybe consider getting it. Less energy output due to its size, which means better thermal control. No heat, no break.

Comment

Working...
              X